Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Serendipity Simple Christmas

Good morning. I am taking a break from the Halloween cards today to bring you this week's Serendipity Stamps DT challenge. This week, we were challenged to make simple (one layer, limited embellishments) Christmas cards. I let Serendipity's outstanding images speak for themselves and created these cards (you can find their Winter and Christmas images here).


This card uses the Birch Candles image and Simple Merry Christmas sentiment. I colored my image with Copic markers and then accented with some coordinating Martha Stewart Crafts glitter. I finished it off with a simple knot of baker's twine.

My second card features one of my favorite Serendipity images, the Cozy Village.


I used the Cozy Village Cling Set, which also includes the sentiment used. I love the font and curvy lines.

I colored this image using ink pads and an Aquapainter. Then I gave everything a healthy dose of glitter - it is a snow-covered village after all! I really love this simple card.

I'm so glad you stopped by today, please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on the challenge!



Also, don't forget to check the current contests on the Serendipity Stamps Blog and take some time to sign up for the newsletter (and sale announcements)!

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Kraft Merry Christmas Card
Stamps:
Birch Candles, Simple Merry Christmas - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko
Other: Copic markers; Cappuccino Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Garnet, Brownstone, Yellow Gold Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

Cozy Village Card
Stamps:
Cozy Village Cling Set - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries; Handsome Hunter, Close to Cocoa, Marina Mist, Real Red, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!
Other: Dazzling Diamonds glitter - Stampin' Up!; Aquapainter

8 comments:

  1. How lovely Anya! Love the shimmer on the pine centerpiece and that village looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are beautiful, Anya! My jaw about hit the floor when I saw the village card! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you created the 'Birch Candles' card - just fabulous!

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both! I think the first on the craft is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are gorgeous, Anya. so beautifully colors. love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both just beautiful Anya! I love the one layer cards, so simple yet so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Anya, these are both amazing! I especially love the touch of baker's twine, but the village is breathtaking too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya -- loving these -- so beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!