Friday, October 15, 2010

LAD November Mix Preview

Good morning, my dears!

I am pleased to be able to share my first post as a Lizzie Anne Designs DT member! Today I am sharing a preview of the November mix set, called The Key to Happiness. Each month on the 15th the DT previews the newest monthly mix set, which is available at a discounted price by becoming a member of the LAD Mix Club. All the details you need are here on the LAD website. It is a super deal!

On to the cards!


I got a jump start on this card by using this week's LAD sketch challenge. So excited to add some more sketches to my book!

I used the fancy skeleton key stamp to create my background. Then I stamped the image of the door, inking up the sentiment part two more times to create a ransom note paper piecing bit. I found the little key charm in my stash - one of those things I've had for years just waiting for the right card!


Here is my second card, a little cutie if I do say!  I combined the fancy teapot and sentiment with some October Afternoon patterned paper for a card that would be perfect for my Nana.  A piece of a Die-Cut Lace Tag peeks out from under the teapot, like a fancy doily. 

Thanks for stopping in today.  Head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs Blog to see what the other DT members have created for the November mix!  Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Open Door Card
Stamps: The Key to Happiness (Nov. Mix) - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Soft Suede, Basic Black, Cajun Craze - Stampin' Up!; Bundled Sage, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Bracket punch - EK Success; Linen thread; Sewing machine; Key charm
Time for a Cuppa Card
Stamps: The Key to Happiness (Nov. Mix) - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
Ink: Poppy Parade - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Yellow rhinestone - Recollections; Die-Cut Lace Tag - Martha Stewart Crafts

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, they are both so lovely! I love that lace under the teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards Anya! We're so glad to have you on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these! The papers you used are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards Anya! love the key bg stamping and wonderful door and the bright colors on the tea card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your DT's first post - and thanx for sharing. it looks like a SWEET set, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on making the design team! I love the stitching and the key charm on your door card. The doily underneath the teapot is the perfect touch for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous debut, Anya! These are both gorgeous! I love the little lacy doily peeking out from under the teapot!

    Welcome, again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these!! beautiful work..so excited to have you join the fun at LAD!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the key card! It is so elegant and masculine at the same time. Great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these Anya! That door card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards. the first on is gorgeous. love the stamped background and design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!