Thursday, October 14, 2010

In Your Debt

A quick, scrappy card for you today using lots of fun elements.


I acquired a new package of Die-Cut Cardstock from K&Company - this time from the Life's Journey line. I really like to turn to these when I want to make something but don't know where to start. I rifled through the package and set a few elements aside - the Telegraph record and the postage stamps, and then built my card around them.

I stamped the card base with one of the stamps from Text It. I think these just look great with everything, and the longer stamp length means I don't need to try and line up the edges, which I love. I also liked how it mimicked the handwriting on the telegraph. I added a piece of fabric that had been stitched and frayed and then my telegraph sheet, stamped with one of the sentiments from Rescue Remedies Additions.

The other bits include a vintage button tied with baker's twine, the postage stamps I had set aside, and a sprocket gear and game spinner from Tim Holtz. Fun stuff!

I will be back tomorrow with previews of the November Mix set from Lizzie Anne Designs! Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Text It, Rescue Remedies Additions - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Life's Journey Die-Cut Cardstock - K&Company; Sprocket Gear, Game Spinner - Tim Holtz Idea-ology; Cappuccine Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Vintage button; Fabric; Sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Great idea for ways to use all of the do dads!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun Anya! Love all the Vintage findings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the elements on this Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!