Monday, October 11, 2010

Being Crafty and Funkin Punkins

Hello dears. I have some non-card craftiness to share with you!

I tried my hand at some serious (for me - it actually involved a pattern!) sewing last week. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with myself!

My sweet niece turned the big *4* this weekend and I thought she would love an apron. You see, for a while there, every time Allison came over my house she had to cook her Uncle Bill and I scrambled eggs. I have no problem with this whatsoever, and I fully encourage it! She can cook some mean eggs (supervised of course, don't you worry)! I hear she helps her grandma bake as well, so it was a done deal.

I found a free pattern online for a child's apron, and so I set to it. I was a big fan of the Velco closure!

Here's the finished product.


And here is cutie patootie Allison modeling for me.


She looks pretty snazzy, huh? Her gift also included a child's cookbook, so we'll see what sorts of goodies come out of her kitchen! ;)

I also wanted to share another fun thing with you today. If you think I'm crafty, you should meet my mom. Let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She makes these crazy fun pumpkins - she calls them "Funkin' Punkins"! I love them, and I thought maybe you would, too!


Each is uniquely designed and hand sewn. She lovingly chooses or creates all the bits for their fun faces, combining new and found items.


I particularly love this guy with the eye patch!


The pumpkins are approximately 8-inches in diameter and would be a fantastic addition to your Halloween and Fall decor. Please email me (link in left sidebar) if you would like to make one your own or have any questions. Each is $20, which includes shipping. I've also added these guys to my Items for Sale page.

Thanks for the opportunity to share - I will see you tomorrow!

Anya

9 comments:

  1. Those punkins are adorable!! My hubs would be so annoyed if I bought one, but who knows, maybe next year? I doubt your mum will have troubles selling them, anyway!

    I love that little apron, and think I might make one for my little ones - thanks for the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely apron. your daughter looks so cute in it! and your mother's pumpkins are soooooooo fun! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute apron, and love the pumpking. But boy did I read that post title wrong! It was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I NEEEEEED one of those!! emailing you now!! cutie pie apron and model too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The looks fab!! I'm sure your niece loves it. And the pumpkins are just brilliant!! Your mum is so talented. I love the one with the ammonite shell button eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful projects. What a lucky little girl to have such a stylish apron - handmade just for her. It turned out wonderfully.

    Your pumpkins are so awesome and Tim Burtonesk. Love them - it looks like you have found yet another crafty side of you. OUTSTANDING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the apron, it is adorable!! And those pumpkins your mom makes are so fun, I think I like the first one the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkins are so cute. They seemed to be huggable, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!