Monday, October 25, 2010

Best Witches

Hi there! How was your weekend? Mine was good - we fit in a little kayaking, some hockey, and a bit of creating and studio reorganization (which is almost just as fun as creating!)

I decided that in a last-ditch effort to use my favorite Halloween things and count down to the big day, that I would spend the rest of this week sharing Halloween projects. Today's card is a fun, collagey mix of different elements.


See the paper rosette? It was made with the Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Rosette die. This was so super simple and fun to make that I guarantee you'll be seeing more of them!

Love all the bits and pieces on this!

One more thing I'd like to share before I go is a photography project that my husband started. You may have heard of it or seen it before, but it is called TTV (through the viewfinder) photography. I'll direct you to the post on his blog about it, but look at this photo he took of our fireplace.


Oh, it just makes my vintage-loving heart swoon.  I cannot wait to take Christmastime photos using this technique.  Could you imagine how our Wanda's Pantry photoshoot would have looked?  I may need to recreate a bit to try it out! So fun!

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Text It - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Tangerine Tango - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: The Spider's Web - My Mind's Eye
Ink: Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!
Other: Halloween Time Vintage Cuts, Halloween Greetings Creative Scraps - Crafty Secrets; Paper Rosette Die (Tim Holtz Alterations) - Sizzix; Baker's Twine - Apple Blossom Paperie; Doily - Wilton; Bat punch, Fire Opal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Anya and what a fun week full of Halloween goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the text across the doily and how you pulled all the elements together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool! love that you stamped on the doily and the rosette is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is beautiful and yes, spooky! Perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that florette and fun bingo card Anya - what a great vintagey card!

    and what a super photo of your fireplace - a great photo technique!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!