Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lizzie Anne Holiday Preview

ED - Ooh! All of Lizzie Anne's Holiday/Christmas sets are currently 20% off - including the cutie I used below.  Hurry, its just for a limited time!!

Good morning!

I am here to share the October Design Team Challenge from Lizzie Anne Designs.  This month we're doing a holiday preview featuring some of the many Christmas sets that Lizzie Anne has to offer.  We were challenged to create a card and a non-card project.  Each DT member is sharing projects from different sets, so you'll be sure to have lots of eye candy today!

I used the Deck the Halls set.  So, so cute!

For my non-card project, I made a petal box. These are fun and easy!


I created some patterned paper using my stamps and then sliced it up to decorate my box. I added some glitter to the candy canes after assembling everything and boy are they cute! I tied the box up with some crinkle ribbon and added a tag.

And here is my card. I just love it!


I stamped the single stocking three times onto cardstock and then again onto patterned paper. I paper pieced the stocking and then glittered them up. There's nothing like holiday projects to make me break out the glitter! I really like this color combination, too.  There is also a string of stockings in this set that I can't wait to use.

So there you have it - a little holiday kick start. Head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs blog to see what the other DT members created for this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Candy Cane Petal Box
Stamps: Deck the Halls - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Garnet glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Circle punch - Marvy; Red Crinkle Ribbon - MemrieMare; Tags Trio - Spellbinders
Merry Christmas Stocking Card
Stamps: Deck the Halls - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Garden Green - Stampin' Up!; Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Mitten Weather - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Jet Black Archival, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Garden Green - Stampin' Up!
Other: Dazzling Diamonds glitter - Stampin' Up!; Peapod Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Apron Lace punch - Fiskars; Sewing machine

13 comments:

  1. What an adorable box... love that you created your own paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That candy can box is adorable Anya! Love the stockings too on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite holiday sets! Love how you've used it!!! Super cute Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love em both. that candy cane box is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are gorgeous Anya. Love the petal box...you know I have a weakness for 3D projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute anya!! it's great to have you as part of the team!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box is super cute. Love that you kept it just red and white! Those plaid stockings are soooo fun. I am such a sucker for plaid! (Must be the Scots in me!) Wasn't this a fun project to start off with? I loved seeing what everyone else was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are snazzy!!! love the box to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the card is just so adorable. love the color choice and the little glitter

    and the petal box is so lovely. so many things that one can put in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Anya! I love the box, and the card is darling with all those sparkly stockings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!