Wednesday, April 13, 2011

LAD April Singles

Happy Wednesday. It is raining here. Again. I am giving serious thought to never getting out of bed again.

I uploaded today's cards to the Lizzie Anne Sketchbook, but haven't yet shared them here. Lizzie Anne released two new Simply Singles for April, and these are the cards I created using them.

Here is the first, using the Mother Defined single.

I used the Starburst single to create my background pattern.

I stamped the Mother Defined single twice and cut out one of the words so I could pop it up on my image. You could easily do this with any of the words listed if you wanted to highlight something else.

The second single released for April is So Very Sorry.

For cards like these, I really like to use some kind of printed image. I don't know why, it just helps me to focus on the sentiment, I guess. For this card I used a tag from 7Gypsies and adhered everything to a Wilton doily.

I accented my sentiment with a fancy pin tied with some silk ribbon. I stuck my pin through the foam dimensionals used to adhere my sentiment. It was an easy way to get it where I wanted it!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit today. I hope you have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Mother, Friend Card
Stamps: Simply Singles Mother Defined, Starburst - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!

Bend in the Road Card
Stamps: Simply Singles So Very Sorry - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: White - Papertrey Ink; Bordering Blue - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Buckaroo Blue - Stampin' Up!; Weathered Wood Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Doily - Wilton; Victoria 97% Complete Tag - 7Gypsies; Leaf Trinket Pin - Maya Road; Silk ribbon - Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

  1. Two really great cards! I especially like the top one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!