Friday, April 15, 2011

LAD April DT Challenge

Happy Friday, friends! Today is Design Team Challenge day at Lizzie Anne. Our challenge this month was to create an Easter card. I used the flourish-patterned egg from Follow Your Dreams (the Spring 2011 Mix set) to fill this sweet little Easter basket.

The base of my basket started out as an oval die cut shape that I trimmed to resemble a basket shape. I cut 1/4-inch strips of cardstock and then wove them together before stitching around the outside to adhere them to the basket base. Here's a closer look.

The eggs were stamped and cut out, and I inked the edges of each with a little Antique Linen Distress Ink. I tucked them into my basket (there is a back to it, like a pocket, but the eggs overlap it) and added a handle. The bunches of grass were just cut by hand.

I'm so glad you stopped by today, please be sure head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs Blog to see what the other DT members created for the challenge. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Follow Your Dreams (Spring 2011 Mix Set) - Lizzie Anne
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Thatched Straw, Sea Breeze, Pretty Petunia VersaMagic; Old Rose, Sage VersaColor - Tsukineko
Other: Classic Oval Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Aqua Mist button - Papertrey Ink; Sewing machine

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable card. The basket is completely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful colorful eggs, Anya...and your basket is AMAZING!! LOVE♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so creative and just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darn cute Anya! I love your basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fantastic card, that basket is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is so darling! I love your little paper-woven, edge-stitched basket! I learned to weave several different styles of baskets when we lived in Hawaii, and I still love it! So pretty in paper and soft pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!