Friday, April 1, 2011

April WMS Stamp of Approval Parade

Hey there! I'm so excited about today!

You may remember last month during the WMS release, Claire made an announcement about changes to future releases and how, going forward, they will be every other month. Well, today we are introducing a new WMS feature for those 'other' non-release months, called the Stamp of Approval Parade (or SOAP!). Through the 4th, we'll be reviewing the sets released last month as well as giving some special attention to an older set. Isn't that great?



I'm starting today off with Back in the Saddle and Way Out West. I haven't given nearly enough love to this fantastic saddle blanket pattern. For this card, I stamped the pattern in a color gradient. If you like this look, you could do it in about a bajillion combinations. I went for reds, but I bet blue into green would look pretty great, too!



I added a punched star and wooden button, which I dirtied up with some Distress Ink. This is the first time I ever tried inking up my image while it was still in the die to acheive that clean border look. Glad for the chance - I love the look!



Speaking of love, right now I am helplessly infatuated with peachy coral colors. The background pattern was again created using the same image as above.



I curved my sentiment on my acrylic block to follow the curve of the label. Some feminine touches complete this card. I'm so glad you could visit me today for this new WMS feature! Here is a list of the other participating members, for your viewing pleasure!



Have a great day!

Anya



Recipe
Gee Thanks Card

Stamps:
Way Out West, Back in the Saddle - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink Ink: Riding Hood Red, Poppy Parade, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Peach Parfait - Stampin' Up!; Coffee Archival Ink, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Large Labels - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Cappucino Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Large Star punch - EK Success; Wooden button - Perfectly Pretty

Little Lady Card
Stamps:
Way Out West, Back in the Saddle - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Blush Blossom - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink Ink: Groovy Guava - Stampin' Up!; Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Melon Berry, Simply Chartreuse felt - Papertrey Ink; Mini Rolled Flower die - MFT; Labels 10 Nestabilities - Spellbinders Paper Arts; sewing machine

19 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, so different! Love the little felt flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backgrounds you created, Anya! I love that stamp and these cards are so pretty! Especially that first one!!! So pretty!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Anya! You really did a fantastic job with these sets. I love your "little lady" card...such a fun design and the way you "bent" the text is why I love clear stamps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards today Anya! your bg stamping looks wonderful on these - love the gradient colors on the first - and the great color and flowers on your 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice twist to the Little Lady card... very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are so pretty Anya! Love the soft shading around the sentiment on the first and those sweet felt flowers on the second! Beautiful stamped backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards!!! Love these stamps and the backgrounds you created! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your card, and the graded colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Anya! I love the gradient colors on the first one and the little lady card is just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are so sweet Anya! Love the beautiful colours - and thanks for the reminder about inking up in the die - always forget about that technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those western themed images and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the bg pattern you've created Anya!! Especially how you showcased a masculine and feminine look with the same blanket image. Fantastic cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards!! Love the peachy colors too: it's good to see the "western" theme done in soft colors. I'll have to try this since those are my favorite colors (peaches) and my stamps only arrived today: woo hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! Love the slow change of color on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. these looks great and I really like the gradient effect on the first card

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Love the gradual change in color of your wing dinger card and love your felt roses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. did i interpret this correctly that you made your own lil felt flowers?! they are absolutely gorgeous. i love the monochromatic shades on the first card too - both such a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!