Monday, April 4, 2011

WMS Soap Day 4

Hi! Let's make Monday morning a little brighter by continuing the WMS SOAP, shall we? Thank you all for your kind comments on my video yesterday. I have a few ideas for more, but if you have any special requests, lay 'em on me!

Today is our rewind day - we're pulling out Spring Baskets, an oldie and a goodie, to share with you.

For my first card, I used the two fancy Easter egg images to create a colorful background. I lightly sketched in pencil lines to follow and erased them once I had stamped all my eggs.

I wanted to keep the sentiment simple, and just added a skinny strip of cardstock to visually anchor it.

My second card is a little clean and simple.. I struggle with this style, I always want to add more.

I started by stamping the polka dot frame from Very Vintage Labels No. 18. Then I stamped the stacked egg image, using a mask to stamp it multiple times and give the illusion of a bunch of pretty eggs all piled up.

Another label was cut out and layered on top to add some dimension. I topped it off with the bow image from Spring Baskets and the Eggstra Special sentiment.

I hope that you have enjoyed and have been inspired by the creations we've shared over the past few days of our Stamp of Approval Parade. I know I have enjoyed the opportunity to highlight last month's sets again as well as Spring Baskets. Now its your turn, as we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

Here are the details: choose a card or project from any of those posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamps images, and link it using the Inlinkz on the WMS Blog. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.

We hope you will enjoy this competition and that it will inspire you be creative. You have one week to complete and link your project as the competition will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on April 10th (That corresponds to 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time). The winner will be announced on the WMS Blog on April 11th. I can't wait to see what you do!!

Here is the list of the other ladies participating this morning. You'll see a few new additions.. the WMS family is growing!! :)

And giant huge happy welcomes to:


Make sure to give them some love! Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe
Purple Happy Easter Card
Stamps: Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries

Eggstra Special Card
Stamps: Stamps: Spring Baskets, Very Vintage Labels No. 18 - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Melon Mambo - Stampin' Up!; Tuxedo Black Memento Ink - Tsukineko
Other: Standard Ovals Large - Spellbinders; Copic markers

17 comments:

  1. Great cards... both are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you told us you used pencil lines for that first one, Anya! I was wondering how you got those sweet eggs stamped so perfectly! And that second card? Don't do anything because it is so PERFECT! The coloring and bright frame are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background of pretty eggs Anya - and the frame filled with eggs is so cool! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet Easter cards.... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so beautiful Anya! Love the background card and the Easter Egg card is so clean and crisp - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Easter cards Anya! Love the Easter egg stamped background and the framed eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute cards, Anya! I love that label filled with eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun bg on your first card Anya!! And I love how you framed your egg collection on your second. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both really good cards and I love the clean look you have achieved in the second card - anything but simple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are sweet cards but I really like how you framed the eggs on the second one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, all of your SOAP projects are truly wonderful... I've enjoyed ogling each and every one. And that that video...you go girl!!! You truly are a gifted artist.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both cards that you did: I love the eggs as a background, and the fun, bright colors in the other card! TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh - there is always that one card style we all struggle with. I guess when you hear that voice that whispers "anya - just walk away" then you know it's CAS :) you did a fab job on the CAS card and i love the fun bright colors, especially that amazing frame. the first card - those eggs stamped on could pass as professional pp. absolutely amazing! thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors! I love both of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anya, I love that you share that you struggle with the clean & simple style...I feel exactly the same way in that "I always want to add more!"...ha ha...but I love the style so I guess I'll keep working on it too...both these cards are adorable. I might have to "CASE" one of them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are amazing. I was so inspired by your first card that I used it for the CASE competition. I hope you don't mind! I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!