Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christmas at Your House - WMSCCC04

Whew, I know - didn't we just do this? Maybe, but today I am playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge. Every month a new challenge is issued on the forum to help you build up your Christmas card stash so that by December, you're all set! There are prizes along the way as well as tons of inspiration. You should join us! All the details can be found here.

April's challenge was to use snow: white glitter, white flock, whatever!

I admit that the details of this card are a little difficult to see and the colors are pretty subtle.

I stamped the cottage image from Irish Blessings onto watercolor paper. Then I used an Aquapainter and some ink pads to color it in. Once dry, I added glitter to the grass, the cottage roof, and the mountains in the background. Its a very charming little winter scene!

The sentiment, from Compliments of the Season, was stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed in gold.

I know it may not be 'time' for Christmas cards, but think of all the time you'll have come December if your cards are finished! I hope you'll consider playing along with the challenges and padding your stash.

The previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release start on Thursday! I have been working hard creating samples for you! I will be back then, you will love what Claire is releasing this month!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Irish Blessings, Compliments of the Season - Waltzingmouse Stamps

Cardstock: Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; Montval Watercolor Paper - Canson
Ink: Coffee Archival Ink, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger; Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Garden Green, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!
Other: Gold Filigree Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Carrara Marble glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing. I love how this image looks on the backdrop of winter. Thanks for playing along Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so full of the most cleverly creative ideas! The way you used this image in a winter setting is so cool! :) I am keeping it in my back pocket for future holiday cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!