Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rootin' Tootin'

Oh Saturday, how glad I am to see you! I had a rough week, chickies, thanks for understanding while I laid low.

Today I am here to bring you this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it (I hope you will!) is this sketch:
I also combined this week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge (PDCC78) with the sketch. The colors were red, light blue, and pink. Here's my card:

I think of all the coordinating Nesties sets that WMS has, my favorite is Very Vintage Labels No. 10. I paired it with a sentiment from Back in the Saddle and a pretty plaid made using Off Beat Backgrounds.

We hope you'll play along with us this week - head to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge Blog to link up your creation. In addition to the Top Mice awards, a free stamp set is awarded each week to a random player!

See you soon!

Oh! PS - I think sneak peeks for the May Release are starting today on the WMS Blog!! You're in for quite a treat this month!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Very Vintage Labels No. 10, Back in the Saddle, Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Seeing Spots Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Labels 10 Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Medium Scallop border die - Papertrey Ink; Sewing machine; Button

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Anya! The plaid pattern you created is so pretty! The whole card has a wonderful warm feeling over it, love it!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anya! Such a PERFECT take on both challenges! LOVE this card! Thanks for joining us again at The Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Anya! Love it.
    Happy Easter
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fun sentiment looks so happy stamped inside the dotted frame Anya! love the embossing and stamped bg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya this is just gorgeous!! That plaid is just perfect and I adore this color combo. Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card makes me SMILE! I LOVE that plaid, and I just got Off Beat Background last week...guess who's blog I will be looking at for inspiration! Love how you used those colors, tooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am getting Off Beat with the next release and can't wait - you've been such an inspiration with that set! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the color scheme on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya, this sentiment and frame is perfect with the distressed, embossed dots and plaid! THanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great paper Anya and that sentiment in red is so eye catching! Certainly a beautiful card...and fab job with our colors, too. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that frame, that paper, the sentiment,everything! Great card design all around. So glad you played along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love this to pieces, Anya! It has such a great, country appeal! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!