Saturday, April 30, 2011

WMS May Release Day Three

Morning, dears! Today is Day 3 of the previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release. Today is a good day! Today we are previewing two new sets.. two lovely sets full of incredible images that have been requested many times. Today is Dainty Doilies day! :)

I struggled taking pictures of today's projects, so I hope you can see everything ok.

For my first project, I used the Dainty Doilies, Large set to make some home decor.

I'm in the midst of a kitchen redesign, and I made this piece to coordinate with my new colors (a little paint can work wonders, I tell ya!)

I started with a 14-1/2 by 7-1/2 inch wooden frame that I spray painted white and then distressed with sandpaper. I stamped and embossed three different doilies onto three different patterned papers. Many of the images in this set coordinate with the Big Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities from Spellbinders. I used these to cut the coordinating shapes, the rest I hand cut with some sharp scissors.

I layered the doilies and added a vintage button to the center. I adhered each of them to a piece of patterned paper and then put it in the frame. It is lovely!

My next project is for this week's sketch challenge. You can pop over to the Sketch Challenge Blog to see the sketch and play along.

I started by trimming the edge of my cardstock with a corner rounder. I used the old corner-rounder-with-the-guide-off trick to get my scallops. One of the smaller doilies from Dainty Doilies, Large just happened to fit in that space perfectly.

I stamped the same image repeatedly in London Fog Memento Ink until I filled up my card front. Then I went in with some Copic markers and colored selected areas.

This one is sentiment-less... but who needs an occasion to send a card, right?

So maybe you've seen the Graphic t-shirt trend.. there are tons of tops popping up with bold patterns on them. Take these examples from Macy's and Kohl's... can you guess where I'm going with this?

Don't you love it? I used a combination of images from both the Dainty Doilies, Large set and Dainty Doilies 2, Small to make my own super cute doily graphic tee!

I used Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger and stamped directly onto a (previously washed and dried) cheapo t-shirt! Here's a list of Ranger's fabric safe products if you're interested.

I planned my design out first on scratch paper so I had a layout that I was pleased with before I started. I put a piece of foam in between the layers and stamped away. Once the ink was dry, I heat set the design with an iron on the cotton setting.

Now that's pretty nifty, don't you think?

So I will tell you right now that I haven't even scratched the surface with these wonderful stamps! I have so many ideas, I can't wait to keep playing! These designs are just gorgeous. I can't wait to see what the other DT ladies have come up with.



Let me know what you think! Tomorrow these stamps will be available for purchase. The store will be stocked at 2 pm EST and we'll be waltzing. We still have one more stamp sets to share, its another fab one!

See you tomorrow!

Anya

Recipes:

Framed Doily Decor
Stamps: Dainty Doilies, Large (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Patterned Paper: Basics Collection (Inventory) - Basic Grey; The Thrift Shop (Near Mint) - October Afternoon; For the Record (Stamp of Approval) - Echo Park Paper Co.; Stella & Rose (Gertie "You & Me" Numbers Paper) - My Minds Eye
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Big Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Vintage buttons; Wood photo frame

WMSC45 Card
Stamps: Dainty Doilies, Large (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: London Fog Memento Ink - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Corner Rounder - EK Success; Copic markers; Embroidery thread; Spacers and jump rings

Doily Graphic T-shirt
Stamps: Dainty Doilies, Large, Dainty Doilies 2, Small (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Cotton t-shirt

31 comments:

  1. Wow, never thought of stamping onto clothes, what an amazing idea - must have a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, what can I say... AMAZING creations... really outside the box... love the tee! Great ideas, hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well knock me down - I LOVE that T-Shirt - just amazing Anya! You are so full of fabulous ideas - and of course your home decor is just beautiful1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anya

    I very much like what you created with the new sets of Claire. The home decor with the doilies looks great and your card for this sketch challenge is also wonderful. I especially like how you placed and coloured the circles.
    And that T-Shirt with the beautiful design really looks great.

    I also like your cards of day 2, made with the "joins us" stamps.

    Kind regards
    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya - great projects. The t-shirt came out great and I love the wall art. You are so creative - thanks for sharing your talents with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anya,
    I love all the samples, but the fact that you stamped on a tshirt and created such a elegant piece.
    I'm definitely going to try that and will even get some bling for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya,
    You out did yourself this time - had to leave a comment. I love the card and especially the T Shirt. I will look at my stamps in a whole new way now! Very clever!! And the results are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anya! What fabulous projects you have! The T is super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the tshirt is a marvelous idea! it turned out so amazing - and thanks for the ink tips! i do love the home project w/ the distressed ink and how the doilies come out so bright and nice. and the card is lovely - fun and colorful - just like stain glass windows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Anya! You've been busy with the doilies!! love the colors on your framed layered doilies and the card is beautiful with the lines of pretty doilies - and the T shirt is just terrific! how great they all look stamped there! Wonderful projects to inspire us today GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful!! LOVE the t-shirt, fabby idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that t-shirt is awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your work with these beautiful stamps just wonderful!! Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Anya, you've outdone yourself here, those are some seriously FABULOUS projects you've created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my wow, love love love what you did with this set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your prjects are fabulous and I am loving the doilies more and more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anya, I really LOVE all your projects with the doilies ~ So, so pretty! I can't wait to get my hands on these lovely stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anya!

    You made a t-shirt with them! Gosh! That's such a perfect idea!! I love how they waterfall down on the shirt, it looks awesome!! Your card is so wonderful as well, pretty charms on the left and wonderful colors! Love the inspiration here with you today!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so creative - I love the t-shirt! It is always so much fun to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful job you did on all three projects: I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. such great ideas.
    thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow -- you are a very creative lady! You have really showcased these new stamps beautifully. That card just pops and I love the edge. Super projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're such a creative Soul Anya!!!! I've just checked out your three days of previews for Claire's latest sets.........WOW!!!! Totally amazing you've covered all the bases and your printed T Shirt is a ust try for me...fantastic! Thanks for helping me spend my money :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow - the t shirt is absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. all your projects are amazing but I LOVE that t-shirt! Fabulous work, Anya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Holy cow! Wowzers! You covered a lot of ground todat and everything you have made is absolute fantastic! Wow! Love the home decor, the card and the T-shirt! Totally awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so creative! Love the t-shirt - now you can wear your own design! I have some empty wall space, so I'm definitely borrowing the framed doily idea. But I must say, I'm lovin' your card the most. It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anya, you have a lovely way with buttons. And the sentiments stamps are so versatile! Nice!
    Kathi Bobb

    ReplyDelete
  29. The t-shirt is just so cool! And love the fun grid you stamped as well! And the home decor!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want a t-shirt!!! You are sooo talented Anya! How do you find the time??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!