Friday, April 29, 2011

WMS May Release Day Two

Hi there, friends! How are you today? Today is Day 2 of the previews for the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release. Today we are featuring a new set called Join Us.

I am positive that Join Us will be your go-to set for invitations of any type. It contains formal elements as well as some more casual ones and covers loads of different occasions!

How about a summer shindig? I combined sentiments from Join Us with the picnic basket and gifts images from Bountiful Baskets Additions for an easy invitation to a barbecue or picnic. The red gingham background reinforces that tablecloth feeling, don't you think?

I love red paired with aqua and the pop of black. After 40 years of teaching in the Pittsburgh Public Schools, my Uncle is retiring this June. I think this little cutie might morph itself into invitations to his retirement party.

Now something a bit more formal.. the background design was created using one of the decorative elements included in the set. The 'Join Us' and 'For Dinner' sentiments are two separate stamps, so you can easily customize for your specific occasion. From baby to holidays to just drinks, this set has you covered!

I also love that Join Us contains elements to create thank you cards for a party or event you may have attended. For this card I combined elements to create a thank you 'checklist.'

I used the open square image from Free Spirit - Boy; its just a little thing but it was perfect for my check boxes.

Don't you love that great big thank you stamp, too?

Here's a close up. I used a fine tip pen to check my boxes, and tied some baker's twine around the cardstock before adding a tiny clothespin. I love the way the elements fit together and add to the fun feel of this!

So you know the drill - here are links to the other gals!



You won't want to miss tomorrow!!

Anya

Recipe
Picnic Celebration Card
Stamps: Bountiful Baskets Additions, Join Us, Gingham & Co. (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Cool Caribbean - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Restoration Collection - Crate Paper
Ink: Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Pther: Standard Circles Large - Spellbinders Paper Arts; Charcoal Baker's Twine - The Twinery; Copic markers; Buttons; Sewing machine

Join Us for Dinner Card
Stamps: Join Us (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Blushing Bride - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Blushing Bride, Going Gray - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Silk Ribbon - May Arts; Adhesive rhinestone - Recollections

Thank You Checklist Card
Stamps: Free Spirit - Boy, Join Us (available May 1) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Fine Linen - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: For the Record - Echo Park Paper Co.
Ink: Real Red - Stampin' Up!
Other: Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Red Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Mini clothespin

27 comments:

  1. Love your card: the "tablecloth" print, the clothespin, and all the other fun elements. The Pink card is beautiful, and I love the thank you card too: such great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fab ideas - love what you created. Stunning. Another must have set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya,
    wonderful cards. I especially love the last one. :-)
    XX Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great projects you created with the new items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless Anya! What a wonderful collection of cards! Love the versatility of each!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful cards using this invite set Anya! love the pretty basket card - the more elegant Join Us card and the funky thank you with the cool check list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya - these are just fab! I like the informal look of the first card and the elegance of the second card. Shows just how versatile this set is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love these creations Anya! I especially love the Thank you card with all the ticks - what an out of the box card lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are ALL so wonderful! Love the casual style of the first card and the gracious elegance of the second card! And I LOVE how you combined the sentiments on the last card to make something so unique! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FANTASTIC, Anya. I adore all of these cards. Love the combination of Bountiful Baskets with your invitation.

    Your background paper on your second card is amazing and looks fantastic on this elegant pinkalicious beauty.

    And your third card is probably my favorite...such a creative and unique use of this set. I LOVE this idea. You ROCK woman!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your samples - appreciate the diversity in your creations showing the versatility of this set. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good gosh girl your cards ROCK! Wow! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo pretty, love the first card:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love how you curved the sentiment on the first card

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love these ideas! And they could easily be altered so that the invites then become the thank you cards.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anya!

    These are so pretty!! That Thank You card is really lovely! You do feel like that sometime, that you want to thank people for having had so much fun with them! These new sets are wonderful! Thanks for sharing these lovely creations!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute & clever, Anya. The little checklist is genius! And being a diehard pink lover, I love the pink invitation card...simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all, Anya, but I particularly love that dinner invite - it is just so PRETTY. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Anya, great cards! I am in love with your checklist thank you card - it SO appeals because I'll admit, I'm a rabid list maker and a list is not complete without check boxes!! Also love the gingham and the picnic basket combo, and the pink dinner invite is just lovely. Can't wait for tomorrow.

    I'm currently forced to comment as Anonymous, due to Google Blogger system issues. Hope it resolves soon.

    LaurieJ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute, cute, cute! The check boxes are perfect! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty! Can't decide if I like the top card or the pink and cream better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another "Must Have" stamp set! LOVE all your beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love them all. You always do such an awesome job of incorporating older images with the new. Thank you for reminding us of the gems we already have and of great new ways to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh these are a great set of cards. i love love the picnic basket invite w/ the gingham; and the check mark cards - ingenious! :) you're such an inspiration...!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such pretty cards, Anya! I just love that red gingham card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh the checkbox idea is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!