Monday, August 30, 2010

Celebrate Today

Well, I am *not* celebrating today. It is Monday, and muscles I didn't even know I had are screaming at me. It was a weekend marathon of kayaking, yard work, and too much time in the sun. Needless to say, I'm feeling a little worse for the wear.

Kayaking Friday was excellent, though. The weather was beautiful, I was able to do a little bird watching, and we had a great time. Bill posted a bit more info and a video of a portion of our trip on his blog. You should check it out :)

A shabby card for you today using the Fruit Crate Labels from The Stampsmith.

I fussed with this card for three days until I finally decided I liked it. I kept moving and adding things..

I love the peacock image, and the label (for oranges, I learned) was inked with Pacific VersaColor, a good peacock blue. I have fallen in love with the postage stamp frames that Melissa Philips has been using and until I find my own, I thought I'd use my Slice to try making one. I cut it at the corners to make it large enough for my image and covered it with glitter. There's also some crepe paper ruffles, lace, and rhinestones. The flourish is from the new Embellishments stamp set from PTI. It was a perfect fit for that little corner.

Thanks for your visit today, I'd love for you to say hello!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Fruit Crate Labels - The Stampsmith; Mod Squad, Embellishments, Friendship Jar - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream
Ink: Pacific, Peony VersaColor - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink, Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Vintage Findings Design Card and Slice - Making Memories; Crystal Coarse Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Hawaiian Shores buttons - Papertrey Ink; lace; crepe paper; pink adhesive rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Love the peacock image paired with the flourishes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely gorgeous, Anya!! love the beautiful color combo, the design, the stamps, the details, just everything about this card!!! amazing! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Anya!! So many delicate details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anya,
    I enjoy your work very much. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!