Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Eighteen Already

Hi guys!

I apologize for being a bit of a sporadic blogger recently. I am busy creating for the Waltzingmouse Stamps September release. All I can tell you is that the releases just keep getting better and better - you are really in for a treat, and you're going to get some things that I know you've been waiting for!

Today I want to share a card I made for my brother-in-law's birthday a few weeks ago.

Whenever I need to make a guy card, the first stamp sets I turn to are Free Spirit - Boy and Free Spirit - Sentiments. I know there is something in these that I can always use!

The punched and stitched circles were inspired by this card created by Mariana Grigsby. I just loved the fun layers and thought it would be perfect for a graphic guy card.

Here is a photo of the inside - I usually don't finish the insides of my cards, but seeing as this one was headed somewhere, I did. When Bill and I first met and started dating, Mark was 3 years old. And now he's just turned 18! So, it was an '18 already?!?' moment for me. The entire inside was made using words and phrases from Free Spirit - Sentiments.

Thank you for stopping in today! I hope you have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit - Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps; Psychedelic Grunge - Tim Holtz Collection for Stampers Anonymous
Cardstock: Going Gray, Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Lucky from Get Happy Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Versamark - Tsukineko; Jet Black Archival Ink, Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: 1", 1-1/4", 1-3/8" circle punches - EK Success; sewing machine

6 comments:

  1. Love this Anya, I keep wanting to purchase Free Spirit and every time you post using it I drool. lol

    Time does fly, does it not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the circle theme... I see stitched circles in my card future! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cool card, Anya! perfect for a boy! can't wait to see what you made with the new release!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fun use of those bubbles! :) So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That card is one of a kind. This is my first to see a card with that kind of design. It is very modern. I like it so much. It is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great design for an 18 year old! love the colors and your stitched circles on this Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!