Friday, August 27, 2010

Ahh, Love

It is Friday! And its a gorgeous day! And after work, we're taking the kayaks out. We are going to head to Moraine State Park, about an hour north of Pittsburgh.

*sigh* I am so glad for the weekend.

Today I would like to share another card with you that I made with the Paris Plate of stamps from The Stampsmith.

Ahh, l'amour..

Another favorite of mine from this set of stamps is this image, of a couple smooching in front of the Notre Dame Catherdral in Paris. Some day I'd like to smooch my hubs there, too!

The image was stamped with chalk ink, and I love the effect - it is soft and subtle, giving it a smudged, time-worn look. I added the sentiment and postmark to the image. I kept the rest of the design monochromatic, except to add a strip of red cardstock. I like how it frames the sentiment.

Ok! I am so glad you could stop by today, and I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! Have a fantastic day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Paris plate - The Stampsmith
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!; Smokey Shadow, White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Smokey Shadow from the 2009 Bitty Dot Basics Collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Basic Gray - Stampin' Up!; Midnight Black Versamagic - Tsukineko
Other: Medium Scallop Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Pinking blade for rotary paper trimmer - Fiskars; adhesive rhinestones; sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. I found my way over to your blog from the Waltzingmouse challenge blog (and that awesome "eyeball" card - which was abso-smurfly brilliant - loved it so)! And this Paris card? Stop it! It's lovely too! What a fun blog you have! So happy to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya,

    I found you about six months ago and love your work. This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with all of us! oh and by the way I have a niece named Anya! Have a great weekend~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... simply gorgeous! love the elegant color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!