Friday, August 20, 2010

Golden Leaves

Is anyone else super excited that it is Friday?

We've got BIG plans this weekend, but I need to stay hush-hush about it now!

Today, I would like to share a card that I made for Prickley Pear using their new Fall & Halloween ATC Transparencies.

I backed the Solid Leaf ATC with adhesive and covered it with glitter. The glitter is from P K Glitz and is called Golden Cadillac. I stitched the transparency to a mat of cream cardstock and inked the edges.

The patterned paper is from October Afternoon's The Thrift Shop. I have to say I really like this color combination. I've always liked black and cream together, but throw in a sagey green and it feels so comfy and perfect for fall.

So the other night Bill and I did something that we've talked about doing for years - we went out and bought kayaks! We found them for a reasonable price and decided that we should do something fun for ourselves. We are going to take them out tonight for the first time after work. I can't wait! And with the weather (hopefully) heading in a cooler direction, it will be wonderful to be out on the water!

Today is your last day to leave a comment for my blog candy. I'll pick a winner tonight and announce it tomorrow along with the new WMS Sketch Challenge.

Enjoy your Friday!

Anya

Recipe:
Cardstock: Mellow Moss - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Fall & Halloween Transparencies 2010 - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps; Golden Cadillac Glitter Glitz - P K Glitz; Green gingham ribbon; black button; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Love this black and white stunner Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The glitter behind that great transparency is amazing! I myself am partial to sage green so I love the little bit of color. Great card! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this black and white colour combo with the touch of green! Those leaves and that glitter treatment...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!