Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Kettle Is On

Good morning, my dears!

How are you? I am doing well - we enjoyed a lovely weekend with gorgeous weather. I hope you had a great one, too.

I did a little face-lifting here at my little blog over the weekend. I bet you can tell where my thoughts are turning. It is decidedly fallish! I wanted to increase the width to allow for larger photos, and I thought it would be fun to change some other details, too. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Today's card is a little cutie featuring some of my current favorites. A perfect card for a friend.

I used elements from the Afternoon Tea and Afternoon Tea Sentiments sets from Waltzingmouse. The patterned paper is from The Thrift Shop collection from October Afternoon - it was my starting point and I built the colors around it. Don't you love the combo of the blue and yellow?

I added some other little details - a row of pearls and little popped up teabags - to finish it off.

I will be back tomorrow with this week's Serendipity Design Team challenge. Have a great day, and thank you for stopping by!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
Ink: Baja Breeze, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Charcoal Palette - Stewart Superior
Other:
Large Labels Nestabilities - Spellbinders; E31 Copic Marker - Imagination International; adhesive pearls; sewing machine

8 comments:

  1. Wow your new banner looks fabulous! And the card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun new blog look! :) And cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super darling card Anya. And I really like your new banner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog header Anya! and thic card is great. I love anythign tea related!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look with your collage of creations as the new banner! Your card is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your work and your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! Love the little tea bags...too cute, the pearls, the stitching...it's all just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, so pretty and perfect! The new banner is fabulous too!! I really need to update mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!