Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tea Cup Flowers

Taking a step back from things to post today. Life is overwhelming me right now, but my best advice to myself during times like these is just to keep going.

This past Sunday we threw my Dad (who doesn't like birthdays and isn't keen on surprises) a surprise birthday party. He turns the big 6-0 tomorrow and we wanted to do something special for him (of course, nothing could be more special than getting me as a present 31 years ago! Ha! ;). My mom hired a blues duo, Izzy & Chris, to play for my Dad. It was an intimate set, just about fifteen close friends and family in the backyard for good food and music. It all worked out well, and we all had a great time.

On to today's card..

A little shabby tea cup full of pansies using Afternoon Tea Sentiments. I took some inspiration from the card I made for WMSC4. Sometimes it helps to recycle ideas.

That's it for me - I hope you have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Afternoon Tea Sentiments, Pic-Nic Patterns - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Copics: R0000, R00, R11, R20, G0000, G000, G00, W00, W1, Gold Spica Glitter pen - Imagination International
Other: Die-Cut Lace Tags - Martha Stewart Crafts; 1-3/4 inch circle punch - EK Success; Tiny Tags Cuttlebug Dies - ProvoCraft; Ribbon - MemrieMare; vintage button; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Love this Anya! the pansies in the teacup look wonderful - I haven't tried that yet! and that die cut doily is yum!

    Sounds like Dad had a great celebration for his momentous b'day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a delicate and pretty card. Lovely color selections, great images, all successful. Thanks for the inspiration, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope your dad still loved his surprised bday party :) sounds like a wonderful time.
    i love your color combo. just the right thing color tone for a sweet shabby card.
    as far as overwhelming goes, Dory always says "just keep swimmin'." hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with that dimension in the different layers and I love the center stitched seam. These are beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you will create for the holidays-You are always doing something good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card! love the pretty and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!