Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Miss Abigail

Hi!

Today I wanted to share a little home decor I made for my good friend Dina's new daughter Abigail. I boxed up some little outfits, a smocked dress (hand-made special by my Momma), and this little frame.

The design is reminiscent of this card that I made for WMSC5. I loved the flower clusters and fresh color combination.

I used Victorian Alphabet to spell Abi's name, and framed it with one of the images from Very Vintage Labels No. 10. I should really get these Nesties.. but cutting the labels out by hand is easy, too!

The flowers are from Rescue Remedies. There is something about them that I just love, and to me, they beg to be layered like this. I used a combination of dimensional tape and regualar paper adhesive to create the flower clusters. The large flowers have coordinating rhinestone centers.

The frame is a 4" by 6" photo frame from JoAnn's - I cut my cardstock to size and removed the glass.

Enjoy! Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Victorian Alphabet, Very Vintage Labels No. 10, Rescue Remedies - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Groovy Guava, Perfect Plum, Mellow Moss - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Photo frame - JoAnn's

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful project, Anya! I may just have to try that - I am sorely in need of decoration for my craft area. Up to now I've only been concentrating on organization, but I'm thinking it's time to focus on the decorative side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. Looks like you spent a lot of time on this lovely project Anya. Can we see the smocked dress too? PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is gorgeous! Just simply beautiful Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing as always! Perfect for a little girl, but perfect for when she's older too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya, This is just beautiful!!!! While at first it looks simple, the more you study it, the more detail you find and - oh my! It's just delicious! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! wow, what a lucky little girl that abigail is. She is going to treasure this when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can tell you that everyone that has seen it in Abi's room loves it!!! Anya, thanks so much for the goodies and tell Mama Schoss we LOVE the dress too! Love ya, Dina and Abigail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!