Friday, August 6, 2010

Celebrate Every Day

Yay! Its Friday!

Are you doing anything fun this weekend? The weather here in Pittsburgh is supposed to be gorgeous, so Bill and I are going to try and spend as much of it outside as we can. We are talking about heading up north for a photography expedition :)

Today's card is one of those that flowed easily last weekend. I am a big admirer of Melissa Philips' and Sarah Martina's styles. I just love the layers, the shabby texture, and the free-flowing-ness of their creations. Inspired by them, I embraced it and made it my own :)

Have I told you about my bird obsession? Yes, I have one. I love to feed them and watch them in the backyard and now I find myself being drawn to delicious vintage images. This tag is from 7Gypsies (purchased at StarLitStudio) and is a 97% Complete tag. This particular one is from the Victoria line, but they have many others. Really fun! I added the stitching, buttons, and stamped the sentiment - my 3% ;).

Other bits and pieces from my collection were added to finish it off. *Sigh* this card makes me happy!

I will be back tomorrow with this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Speaking of the sketch challenges, have you seen the new announcement? We've added seven exceptionally talented ladies to the WMS Sketch Challenge Design Team! Each week these ladies will be inspiring you with their contributions to the sketch challenges. Please make sure to welcome them to the group! Have a great day!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Abundance - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger
Other: Oriole Tag (
Victoria 97% Complete Tags) - 7Gypsies; Die cut lace tags - Martha Stewart Crafts; Yellow ribbon - MemrieMare; Lace - JoAnn's; sewing machine; vintage buttons

3 comments:

  1. THis is great Anya! I love the addition of the stitching. really gives it that something extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bird picture! And it goes so perfectly with all your embellies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!