Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fresh Plucked...

Hi there! Ready for the weekend?

I am here to bring you another Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.

Today, we're going with a circle card - these are always fun to make, right?

Here is today's sketch:


And here is my card.. its kind of gross, so be warned ;)

Ewww! Ha! Oh, I love Halloween.

The Eyeballs label text is from Wanda's Pantry. (I mean, if there is a label for eyeballs then I need to use it and make some eyeballs, right?)

The 'eyeballs' were created using the flower from Rescue Remedies. Yes, the flower that I love almost more than anything. I bet you'll never 'look' at it quite the same way again! *snort*

The circular card base and decorative label were cut using my Slice. There is a layer of acetate sewn to the front of the card and then the eyeballs are tucked inside. Like a jar. That you'd keep eyeballs in. Halloween really brings out the best in me.

The sketch challenge will remain open until Thursday, 11:59 EST. You can link up your entry on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the new sketch next Saturday! Be sure to visit the blog and check out what the other DT members and Mischief Makers have created for the sketch challenge!

Before you take off, the Random Number Generator thingy picked comment #4 to win my blog candy. That's you, Genevieve!! Email me your address and I'll pop your issues of Paper Crafts Magazine in the mail.

Have a great day!

PS - Kayaking last night was awesome!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Wanda's Pantry, Rescue Remedies - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: True Black, White - Papertrey Ink; Acetate transparency
Patterned Paper: Matilda - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!; Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Slice and Vintage Findings Design Card - Making Memories;
Standard Circles Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Baker's twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; sewing machine

27 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eyeballs rock... and fresh plucked, doesn't get much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ho!! A card after my own heart Anya! LOVE your creative eyeballs! and inside a vellum sack - who could want more!! so very creative! love it!!

    Have fun kayaking! Kent and I bought our kayaks last year after renting some a few times - we just love going out on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cool Anya! I love your brilliant eyeballs! - I never thought I would say that......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anya,
    You amaze me! This is awesome and wonderful and gross!! I love your eyeballs - very creative! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! super take on the sketch! so fun! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ick! But yet cute... but still ick! Nice take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun & creepy card all in one Anya! Great take on this week's sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! OMG it's a perfect eyeball!! lol, how cool is this Anya!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still can't believe how your imagination works to make that very wonderful eyeball. I can see how talented you are with that card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The eyeballs are brilliant Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahah - you know i saw this card and laughed out loud. i love it - every aspect. the eye balls are just fantastic! absolutely great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun, love the humor in this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! I just love the sentiment tag!! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card definitely is an eye catcher and I did a double take when I saw it on the sketch challenge blog. Great idea and perfect for Halloween though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the font on the label and your stitched technique, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just brilliant!! Love how you make the flowers totally look like eyeballs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those spooky eyeballs :)..great edged border TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this card and its eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is brilliant, who would have thought those flowers would have made such great eyeballs...love it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhh, I love this so much it hurts! *lol* Gonna' have to buy that set because, seriously, how can you NOT have it after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!