Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thinking of You, Friend

Hi there! How about the WMS Waltz yesterday? So much inspiration - you ladies continue to amaze me!

This past weekend was one of my favorite fleatiques in the Pittsburgh area. It was a rainy morning and the vendors were sparse, but there is one lady that comes regularly that brings a box of old photos. She tells me they are from her grandmother's old albums and because she doesn't know any of the people she has no problem selling them! She has had continual requests for these photos, so each month there's something a little different. I love looking through them, and I found a few I wanted to incorporate into my creations - hey, I don't need to know the people to use them on my cards! ;)

I love these bathing beauties - see the date scribbled on the side... 1926!

Love, love, love.

I used more elements from my Handmade Die-Cut Cardstock embellishments. The background was stamped with the fancy border stamp from Very Vintage Christmas. I cut some vintage book print with a scallop edge die and added some other bits and pieces.

I can't wait to send this one off! It makes me giggle - oh, those bathing suits!

Don't forget about my blog candy up for grabs. Details are in this post.

Have a fantastic day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Very Vintage Christmas, Roses in Bloom - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: 2008 Bitty Dot Basics Patterned Paper Collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink, Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Handmade Die-Cut Cardstock embellishments - K&Company; Fillable Frames #4, Medium Scallop Edge die - Papertrey Ink; Baker's Twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Vintage button; Vintage photo; stapler

4 comments:

  1. Anya!!! That is sooo cool! Using the vintage photos on cards if a fabulous idea and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anya! I've been horrible at getting around to leaving comments, but I'm checking in on you every day! I love this card with the old photo! What a unique and terrific way to use these. It really makes for a spectacular card that I'm sure anyone would love to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine going swimming with your stockings on?! Those chickies were probably looking hot for their day. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, love the vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!