Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fabby!

Hi there! How are you doing today?

I have a fun little card to share with you today. I picked up this new handbag last weekend and one of my first thoughts was how much fun it would be to replicate the pattern on a card. When I saw the current Moxie Fab World Challenge, the Offset Scallop Gallop I knew I needed to get my butt in the studio!

Here is a photo of my handbag inspiration.. funky, fun, and a little fallish, huh?


And here is my card.. also fun, funky, and a little fallish! ;)


I used the large scalloped border die from Papertrey Ink to cut each of my strips of cardstock. The sentiment is from the WMS Teeny Trees set, a phrase creeping into my daily conversations courtesy of Claire!

I hope you'll take some time to be inspired by a recent trend or purchase and create something. The Moxie Fab contest is open until October 4. I hope you have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Teeny Trees - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink; Bermuda Bay, More Mustard; Riding Hood Red - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Large Scalloped Border Die - Papertrey Ink

15 comments:

  1. Cute purse - lucky you! Love the card too. So cheerful and fabby! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh... this is soooo cute!!!
    I love how you used the handbag for inspiration. SO creative and nicely done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is a looker! It looks so soft to the touch...I'm only a little jealous ;)

    Great card too! Love your blog...

    God bless,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anya,

    This is amazingly beautiful! The purse is, but the card is even more, I think! what a wonderful idea and what perfect colors! I totally love it!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thats one of my fave sentiments from that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy smokes Anya! This card is gorgeous! Great take on that inspiration purse!!! The manufacturer would die for that card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! And Fabby is well Fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great card! I love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! oh this is killer!!! so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bag and Great card Anya! love those large scallops - and the sentiment is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I...LOVE...THIS!!! The colors are fantastic and this card is so simple to recreate. Truly fine design work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Anya! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!