Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Serendipity Autumn

Good morning! I am back again with a second post this morning to share my creation for today's Serendipity Stamps design team challenge. If you're looking for my new release post for Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, please scroll down or click here.

This week we were challenged to create a fall/autumn card using the new fall/autumn stamps from Serendipity. We also needed to use this sketch:

I just fell in love with this stamp (Autumn, 1223H) - isn't that scarecrow the cutest?

I stamped the word first onto Rustic Cream cardstock. Then I pulled out some patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket's Nutmeg collection. I chose a few that I liked and stamped individual letters that I later cut out and paper pieced. The rest of the image was colored with Copic markers and Spica glitter pens. I added a Dark Chocolate satin ribbon and some bits from a fall flower pick that I had in my stash. *sigh* Have I told you that fall is my favorite season? :)

Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on the challenge!

Amy
Kathie
Lynda
Jenny (Guest Designer)


Don't forget to check the current contests on the Serendipity Stamps Blog and take some time to sign up for the newsletter (and sale announcements)!


Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Autumn, 1223H - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Nutmeg - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Dark Chocolate Satin Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Copic markers, Spica Glitter pens - Imagination International; fall leaf pick; sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea to use pp for the letters! Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anya,

    What a wonderful autumn card!! That sentiment like that is so wonderful and I love the wide brown ribbon you used and the colors!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love all the fall images.. This one is so cute. Love the added stitching and rich brown bow!!! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute. Great coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! So cute Anya! This should be framed & displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable Anya! The paper piecing just makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO darn cute Anya! What a perfect image for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it--- the leaf and stick pin were the perfect choice to add just the right touch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!