Friday, September 17, 2010

September WMS Blog Waltz

Good morning, waltzers! Welcome to the September Friends of WMS Blog Waltz.

If you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to this thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen and participating in our little contest! This month's Waltz competition is to guess the subject of one of the stamp sets being released in October. The participating DT members each have a one-word clue on their blogs. Once you see all of them, you should be able to guess! A correct guess could win you a stamp set of your choice!

Ok, now that we've got the details out of the way, here is my card!

Aren't Halloween cards just the most fun to make? I love going over-the-top! Do you see those bats? They are a garland!! Isn't that so *fun*?? I was inspired by some stitched paper garlands I had seen in blogland.. like this one and this one. I've had the idea to make a garland of bats for a while now and finally got around to trying it out.

I used stamps from Halloween Party, Very Vintage Labels No. 10, and Midnight Feast to create my card.

I spritzed a doily green, added a wide metallic ribbon, and topped it off with a big button - I debated adding a RED one, but thought purple looked good!

Have fun waltzing! Don't forget to head back to the WMS Forum to chat and join the contest.

So glad you could stop by today - don't forget the clue!!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Halloween Party, Very Vintage Labels No. 10, Midnight Feast, Off Beat Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Spring Moss, True Black, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Peeled Paint, Milled Lavender, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Concord Crush - Stampin' Up!
Other: Bat punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Doily - Wilton; Peeled Paint Distress Reinker - Ranger Industries; Plum Pudding vintage button - Papertrey Ink; adhesive rhinestones; metallic ribbon; sewing machine

27 comments:

  1. I can't stop looking at your amazing card. I love the green and purple, the bat garland, wonderful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful. love all the amazing details. gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous - so much lovely detail to take in. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...not only is this an awesome creation, but I'm so amazed at your bat garland. I want some...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I just love those stamps they rock, and you rocked the card! I think the purple is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG such spooky goodness here! This card is killer fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya, this card is so gorgeous! Love the colors and these stamps are so beautiful in your hands! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun bat garland Anya! Love the green doily, and wonderful ribbon - great design on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it!!With all those little batties and winnie in the frame ..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of the green and black and the subtle purple addition. This card is so cute! The garland is great! I love to include them on my layouts (when I actually scrap)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! And such a fun sentiment. Love the colour combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bat chain is sooooo stunning!!! Love your cards, every single detail and piece of it! Great colours... I could just go on and on and praise it!!!....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how fun! Love the bat garland and all your other details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The garland is so cute! Great card like always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes!!! I love the stitched bat garland! Such a fun little something extra. And the skull ribbon. And Wanda all framed up... so many little elements that come together in a wonderful card.
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so great, Anya! I love the stamped ribbon, the colors, and that string of bats is adorable!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card, Anya! I love the colors and that beautiful stamp! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just can't take my eyes off of this one. love the wide metallic ribbon is askew on the card base and the bats just finish the whole thing off.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card and really love the bat garland!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE those bats all strung up! What a fab design and layout, full of spooky good fun! The little smidge of purple adds an extra zing! AWESOME card, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh What fun..I love the bat garland I will have to check out your links..the green is nice and gruesome with a splash of purple.. Great Halloween card Anya

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card Anya! Love the Spooky look & the pop of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blog is amazing! I don't even have the words for this awesome creation you have here! The bats make me so happy to look at! This card rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anya this is FABULOUS!!! Such a GREAT Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it! The spritzed doily, the Labels 10, the bat garland, they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A green haloween.... it is such a good idea !!!

    Great card !!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow wow wow. anya you never cease to inspire me. your colors are perfect. the elements so well placed and the detail with the stitching and net placement. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!