Thursday, September 9, 2010

Half Pint Heroes

Hi-ya!

Let's get started right away, shall we? Today I am previewing one of the five new sets being released by Waltzingmouse Stamps this month. I will warn you now as you are going to hear this a lot from me over the next few days - but I'm head over heels!

Say hello to Half-Pint Heroes, a whimsical and adorable set full of fun-to-color images perfect for the boys in your life! The set contains a few different 'vehicles' and the little guys to go in them! It is also loaded with sentiments and accessories. For my first card, I used the submarine. Ok, how stinkin' cute is that?! I created a little scene of an underwater explorer that looks amazingly like my husband (see, it can be for your big boys, too)! Deep below the sea in his yellow submarine (I had to!), he's peering through his acetate window and chatting with a fish!

*Lots* of dimension on this one, here's a close up.

I had so much fun making that card, I had to make another!

Does it get any cuter than that? I used Distress Inks to create a background reminiscent of outer space and then added some stars and a few planets. The rocket ship was embossed in silver and then colored with Copics. My little astronaut is keeping an eye out the window as he heads off into space.

So that's just Day 1! There are still four more sets to knock your socks off!

The entire Design Team is participating in the previews this month, so be sure to check them out and see what they have been up to! I can't wait!

Claire
Belinda
Bonnie
Carly
Jennifer
Julia
Laurie
Lisa
Lynn
Mona


Thank you for taking the time to spend a bit of your day with me - I hope you are as excited about the new release as I am. I'll see you back here tomorrow for more, ok?

Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Happy Every Day Card
Stamps: Half-Pint Heroes - Waltzingmouse Stamps (available September 12th)
Cardstock: Marina Mist, So Saffron - Stampin' Up!; White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko
Other: Copic markers - Imagination International; Signo White gel pen - Uni-ball; Acetate transparency

5..4..3..2..1.. Card
Stamps: Half-Pint Heroes - Waltzingmouse Stamps (available September 12th)
Cardstock: True Black, White - Papertrey Ink; Going Gray - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Stormy Sky Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic markers - Imagination International; Silver gel pen - Uni-ball; Acetate transparency; Silver embossing powder

30 comments:

  1. LOVE this set, way too cute!! fabulous cards, Anya!! so so adorable!! love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! These are some of the cutest cards I have ever seen! They are SO adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cards you made with those cute little guys, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need more kids stamps! Claire has come up with the perfect set again. Just love your cute cards Anya - the kids will LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun cards, just wonderful stamps for kids ! Love all the details you have put in your cards, amazing !

    Can't wait until Sunday !

    Hugs,

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anya,

    Oh, these are too good to be true!! What amazingly cute stamps these are!! Can't wait to see the entire sets. what fabulous cards you've made with it! That first card is my fave, loooove all those little fishies!!

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, can't wait to see the set !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anya, these are just brilliant!! I absolutely love them - Yay! finally some great ideas for little boys cards!! So inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, those are just the sweetest cards ever! Love the little popped up fish! They make me smile... looks like i'll be ordering from WM again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those cards are soo much fun, Anya! So cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so sweet! Love that cute little face!! Your outer space scene is amazing...love those background colors! Can't wait to see what you made with the other sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute Anya! Love this set too - so many wonderful projects today and so fun to go through everyone's wonderful creations! I love this team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So totally adorable Anya. I just love this set...and the way you have used it just makes me love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both absolutely DARLING! Oh my gosh Anya, what cute images! your sub card is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh these are the cutest!! I so adore this set and you did such a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness I can't believe you cut out all those little fishies! how fun are these swimming around the yellow submarine! And I love the coloring on your space ship card - the 'outer space' and silvery ship are just super Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol! these are such fun cards Anya!! and those wee floating fish are sooo cool!! your space background is awesome!!! soo hope you are doing a tut for that ;) Brilliant! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, how cute! Love that submarine. And the way you created the sky in the second card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Anya! PURE cuteness! Love all those lil fish that you so patiently paper pieced & that rocket ship card is out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love these Anya! Your coloring on the rocket ship card is superb...I feel like I'm floating out to space right now! Wait...that's not a good thing is it? Well, you know what I mean;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anya, these are both so adorable! Great work on the space background/coloring and the piecing on the under water scene is divine!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, I really really really want this set. You rocked them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! This set looks amazing! You've done a great job showing it off! I especially like the space background!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this set makes me smile!!! I have a little 5 yr old son and there are times when I wished I could create little notes for him using stamps that HE would appreciate. Why he doesn't care for the flowers or the trees or the birds I'll never understand. LOL
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anya - love love love these projects, so cute and perfect for little boys! I bet this is going to be a must have set for me! Seriously did I mention I LOVE these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this! This set looks like its going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What awesome cards you've made! These are so adorable. You are very talented. I love Clair's work and her stamp sets are simply amazing. And you did a simply amazing job with them. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  28. anya - did you watch "Despirable Me" and Anges goes "IT"S SOOO FLUUUUUFFFY" when she gets her unicorn horse? I feel like Anges "THAAAAT'S SO STIIIIIINKIN' CUTE" - and that was my reaction after i saw the first card.

    what beautiful creations. and your outer space card? smart girl you are to create space with your distressed in. you've knocked my socks off - or rather i can't wait for the sept buy day. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE those boys cards...the background from the second one is such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the sky bg you created! Man, I really need me some distress inks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!