Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Harvest Time

Good morning, my friends. I hope you are doing well. I had a great time this weekend with my Mom. We spent some time at the Country Living Fair and then did a lot more shopping around town. I have a few photos from the Fair to share with you. I also wanted to share the link for a store that we visited called European Papers. They mostly sell supplies for bookbinding but also have some things for collages or cardmaking. I found a few bits and bobs that will find their way onto some cards in the near future. It was a fun shop to poke around but they also offer a full online catalog.

First, a card, then my photos. Its been a rainy past few days here and I love it. Its a little chilly, and I love bundling up... the trees are just starting to change colors and the house is full of the smell of a Fall Harvest candle. I wish I could bottle this feeling forever.


Something very fall-ish using Friendship Jar and the Fall Fillers from Papertrey Ink. I wasn't in much of a mood to color, so I just highlighted the image with Copics. It reminds me of a sepia-toned photograph. The patterned paper is from the Autumn Abundance Collection, still one of my favorites.

Here are the photos from the Fair, you can click on them for a larger version.  Enjoy!

Antiques galore!


Pretty fall table, with pinecone-topped fabric acorns..


Lots of pottery and ceramics..


A wagon load of textile pumpkins..


Hand-dyed yarn..


And the pumpkin tower.


I hope we can make it again next year! It was a great start to the Fall season.



And before I go.. It was a real surprise (and treat!) to be chosen as last week's winner for The Shabby Tea Room challenge. I want to thank the lovely ladies over there for that, and can't wait to try my hand at this week's challenge!

Have a fantastic day! (Tonight I'm headed to the hockey game! Yeah!!)

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fall Fillers - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Autumn Abundance Collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Cajun Craze - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Apron Lace Border Punch - Fiskars; Jar, Lid, and Label die - Papertrey Ink; Copic markers (E31, W1, Colorless Blender) - Imagination International; Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Anya, your card is gorgeous! Great way to capture Autumn in a jar :) Looks like you had a wonderful time at the Craft Fair! Thanks for sharing all the yummy photos! Congrats on your latest win :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun concept of autumn in a jar! And love the fun photos! And congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun stuff here today Anya! love the jar (I keep resisting getting that!) and the way you 'didn't' color it! Nice pics of your weekend - looks like you were walking through the magazine!

    and finally - big congrats on winning over at the Shabby Tea room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your beautiful card! very pretty subtle coloring on the image. thanks for sharing all the fun photos and congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!