Thursday, August 4, 2011

WMS August SOAP - Day 4

Hi there! Today is Day 4 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps Stamp of Approval Parade. Today is our rewind day, where we pull out an old set to use - this month it is Afternoon Tea.

This is perfect timing for me, as my Nana's birthday is this weekend. She's British through and through, and she loves her tea!

Can you tell that I have watched Alice in Wonderland recently? :)

I experimented with a couple different ways of stacking the tea cups, but ultimately what I ended up doing was stamping them first onto the cream cardstock to get my placement and then onto patterned paper. I cut them from the patterned paper and then, using a craft knife, cut a slit in the lip of the cup so the one above it could slide inside - it gave the most realistic stacked look.

I decided to not even bother trying to cut the handles out, so I just colored them in with Copics to coordinate with the patterned paper. Isn't this cute? I want to make a tall card with a rainbow of about 15 of these babies. It would just make me happy.

I also made some coordinating coasters as a gift for Nana.

I followed this tutorial for making coasters with patterned paper. I thought I would try using more than one layer of paper, and it worked beautifully. I stamped the large teacups from Afternoon Tea Sentiments (a wonderful companion to Afternoon Tea) onto patterned paper and cut them out.

Let me give you a hint for cutting out the handles. I snip the bottom of the handle off (where it meets the cup) so I can get my scissors up inside the handle. After I have that all cut out, I take a tiny piece of tape and (on the back) attach the handle back to the cup. It is way cleaner than trying to use a craft knife, and I bet you'd never know I snipped that piece off if I hadn't told you!

After the tea cups were adhered to the base paper, I used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the tile. And then I podged the heck out of it. Pretty stinkin' cute if you ask me - a perfect place to put a hot cup of tea!

Gals, thank you all so much for your sweet comments over the past 3 days of the SOAP. I love the opportunity to share my ideas and passion for these lovely stamps with you! Your comments mean more to me than you know!

I hope that you have enjoyed and have been inspired by the creations we've shared over the past few days of our Stamp of Approval Parade. I know I have enjoyed the opportunity to highlight last month's sets again as well as Afternoon Tea. Now its your turn, as we invite you to participate in a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition.

Here are the details: choose a card or project from any of those posted over the past few days by the WMS Design Team, CASE that project using Waltzingmouse Stamps images, and link it using the Inlinkz on the WMS Blog. At the end of the competition, one project will be randomly selected to be highlighted with a Parade of its own on several of the Design Team blogs.

We hope you will enjoy this competition and that it will inspire you be creative. You have one week to complete and link your project as the competition will close at 8:00 AM Claire’s time on August 11th (that corresponds to 3 AM Eastern, 2 AM Central and Midnight, Pacific time). The winner will be announced on the WMS Blog on August 11th. I can't wait to see what you do!!

Here are the other ladies for today!



Have a super day!

Anya

Recipe
For You Card
STAMPS: Afternoon Tea, Cameo to Go (sentiment) - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Sage Shadow - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Red baker's twine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Aqua Mist Button - Papertrey Ink; Copic markers; Sewing machine

Tea Cup Coasters
STAMPS: Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
PATTERNED PAPER: The Thrift Shop - October Afternoon
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: 4-1/4 inch Ceramic tiles; Mod Podge

17 comments:

  1. Your Nana will love this card - just super with the stacked cups and pretty papers. And I think the tea coasters are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colorful teacups Anya! and your coasters are 'funtastic'!! what a great 'tea' set! thanks for sharing your cutting tips!! (A teapot was ruined in the making of my project for today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this, been "brewing" an idea for the Waltz and this is great with these papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, I should have these sets to me just in time to try those coasters! I hope I can make them half as nice as you did. I love all your little tips today, especially the one about cutting that handle and the slit in the teacups. See, I really paid very good attention to you. Great job, very inspiring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the paper! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for including how you made the coasters! I am already thinking of several folks I can make those for at Christmas! hmmm....I better get busy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE how you did this... the patterned papers are so perfect for your tea cups and kettle, and I love how you stacked them (we watch a lot of Alice lately too - the old one, not the Johnny Depp one!), and the coasters are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!!
    I love the pp cups...
    just truly love! :)
    And those coasters...
    too fabby!!
    Thank you so much for that incredible tip with the handles...
    because no...
    I never knew you did it...
    and now you'll never know when I do!
    *giggle*
    Your Nana is going to love it all!
    (BTW...my kiddies call my mom Nanny...I just love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely AMAZING! LOVE all that paper-piecing, and those coasters are fantastic, you, genius, you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anya, now I KNOW you have the patience of a saint! WOW! Can't believe you did all that fussy cutting, but gosh.... it was well worth it. The card and the coasters are awesome - I'd put them under glass to protect them! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh STOP IT! I LOVE THESE! That is the cutest card ever, and those coasters/tiles are so amazing. Love your choice of October Afternoon papers! There is NO end to your creativity, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and coasters, Anya. And THANK YOU for the tip about those pesky handles! Much better than the hand-cramping way I was using!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. Love your paper piecing and the coasters xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just perfect, Anya!! Love the coasters and the card sooo much!! Oeh, don't have that tea set yet myself, but it's so perfect.... I just might have to get it, oeps!! Love what you showed us the past days, your style is perfect!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Very pretty colors and papers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!