Saturday, August 13, 2011

Best Wishes


Good morning! Happy weekend!

I'm here today to bring you this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. One last fabulous sketch from Kelly Schirmer.

I have been invited to a bridal shower this weekend, so I wanted to create a card for the bride. I used You're Lovely and some other sets to create a collage-y sort of card. I envy those of you who can pull this style off! It never quite turns out like I see it in my head... :)

I combined PTI's Fine Linen cardstock with SU!'s Wisteria Wonder, one of the new In Colors. I'm a sucker for new colors, and I really like this dusty purple color.

I cut my fancy topper with a Labels 14 Nestability. This piece is actually connected to the base of the card - I trimmed the rest off and adhered it right to the front. I customized my ribbon by coloring it with a Copic marker.

Thanks for stopping by today - we hope you'll play along with us this week - head to the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge Blog to link up your creation. In addition to the Top Mice awards, a free stamp set is awarded each week to a random player!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: You're Lovely, Text It, Dainty Doilies 2 Small, Big Day Additions, Ovals Classic Frames - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Fine Linen, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Wisteria Wonder - Stampin' Up!
INK: River Rock, Wisteria Wonder - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Labels 14 Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Silk ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Copic marker; Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Very nice Anya! It's great to have a reason to create a card - I think it helps inspire! The light bg stamping on this is so pretty and I love the cluster of flowers on the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!
    This is so gorgeous...
    I don't know what you're talking about with "pulling it off"...
    it's perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I really like the soft, subtle images behind the dress - so very pretty. And that new SU colour is just wonderful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so elegant, Anya! I love the soft lavender and cream color together. And those flower clusters on the dress are a great little detail. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Wow! This completely eminates elegance! LOVE your color combo, too! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!