Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 96

Hiya!

I'm here this morning to share the fruits of my crafty labors last night. I feel like I've been really out of my routine for the whole month of August, and am finally getting back to things being normal. I was glad to have the chance to sit down and create.

I made this little pretty for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge. This is our color story for this week:

Doesn't Jaclyn do an amazing job putting these together? I just love to look at all those pretty photos together.

Perhaps I've mentioned how much I have been loving these Wplus9 stamps? I can't wait until the new release countdown begins.. I used the Flora & Fauna I set for this card.

I started by stamping the dogwood branch in Coffee Archival Ink and then cut it out. I used chalk pastels to color the flowers... I love the soft look this gives, and it was perfect for this color challenge with the soft pastel colors.

The patterned paper I adhered to my card base is from Bo Bunny's et cetera Collection. It is a little difficult to see, but I also die cut a piece of the same patterned paper with the Scalloped Oval Die and then punched a small hole in each of the scallops. I adhered my flowers over top of this with dimensional adhesive.

So soft and pretty! I so enjoyed playing along with this challenge. Glad to see you here today, I hope your day is fantastic!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Flora & Fauna, Very Vintage Greetings - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Fine Linen, Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: et cetera Collection (Watermark) - Bo Bunny
INK: Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain Distress Ink - Ranger Industries; Oasis Green VersaMagic - Tsukineko
OTHER: Scalloped Oval Die - Wplus9; Simple Scallop Edge Punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Stampin' Pastels - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream Satin Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; 1/16" Circle punch; Sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. Anya this is quite lovely! The dogwood are beautiful. NICE JOB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, soft card. The design is so delicate, with those lovely watercolored flowers and muted background...just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You totally nailed these colors--those flowers are super gorgeous and soft! LOVE that stitching and stamping! FAB JOB all around:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Anya! WOWzers! LOVE the heavenly way you've made these stamps shine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, stunning, stunning card!! Love the softness and the colours. All the layers and how you've brought them together is fabulous - I want to CASE this one when I get a chance. So glad you got a chance to sit and create this beauty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooow... so beautiful card. So rich and yet so soft and clean! I love it!

    Have a hreat day!
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card and I am so much in admiration of your fussy cutting skills. I keep trying this but am not having too much success yet - more practice needed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! Love the soft, muted coloring on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!