Wednesday, August 17, 2011

August Friends of WMS Waltz


Good morning, Waltzers! Welcome to the August Friends of WMS Blog Waltz. Today we're waltzing with a tea or coffee theme.

Here are the details: if you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to the link list thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen. This month a random waltz participant will be chosen to receive a prize.

This month we are also saying farewell to Bonnie and Carly, who have stepped down from the WMS Design Team. I will miss both of these ladies more than I can tell you! Each brought something very special to our little group (more like a family!) and their absence is obvious! The DT thought it would be a perfect opportunity to waltz in their honor and let them know how much they mean to us!

So Bonnie and Carly, I just want you to know that I will always consider you both very special friends! And there is always time for friends!

This month I'm sharing a little gifty project - a set of tea towels with cute little tea cup appliques. I started with some flour sack towels I purchased (these are Martha Stewart from KMart). Then I stamped the large teacup image from Afternoon Tea Sentiments onto different patterns of coordinating fabric. I adhered the fabric to a fusible web and then cut my teacups out. A few minutes with the iron and voila! You could stitch around them if you wanted, but I chose not to.

Don't the patterned tea cups look so cute all lined up beside each other?! I tied them together with a cute little tag and that was it! These were really easy, and I think they turned out really cute! Just think of all the possibilities!

Glad you could stop in today, have fun waltzing! Please, if you could, stop by Carly and Bonnie's blogs and wish them good luck! We will miss them!

Anya

Recipe
Stamps: Afternoon Tea Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Manila Tags - Ranger Industries
Patterned Paper: Fly a Kite - October Afternoon
Ink: Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Flour Sack Towels - Martha Stewart; Assorted fabrics; Fusible webbing

25 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! I've never considered stamping onto fabric and then appliqué onto fabric, but I will now! Does the archival ink not run in the wash? oooh, I have ideas running through my head!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo lovely, Anya! Love all the cups there, looks great!! And that sentiment is just the best!! Sorry that Bonnie and Carly are leaving, I enjoyed their creations a lot! Great farewell party!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya - what a super idea. I do like the big teacups on different fabrics - a brilliant idea for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE used the same sentiment stamp today Anya! love these wonderful towels with all the pretty tea cups lined up in a row! what a creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BRILLIANT idea for a gift. Thanks for sharing - its stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anya - what a fantastic idea. I love your little tea-towels, and what a lovely gift these would make. I've never used fusible webbing, but now I'm putting it on my list of things to get. This turned our perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING!
    Love these towels...
    and any friend who gives me a gift like this...
    with time and love put into it...
    someone I know is a true friend for life!!
    So gorgeous...
    so creative...
    so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how darling Anya! LOVE the appliqued fabric tea cups and that tag is amazing! What a beautiful homespun gift full of so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anya, you are multi talented! You took this challenge to a whole new level! The tea towels are gorgeous - well worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are brilliant. It makes me want to go off and start doing something similar right now. thelma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you selling these on Etsy? I would definitely buy a set! These are the CUTEST tea towels! What a creative idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are stunning and will make a fabulous gift. I love the sweet tag too.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!! These are so fabulous. Super idea for a gift. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Awesome*!!!!

    Such a vintage appeal, I love it! What a great idea! And your tag is so gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Anya! My heart thanks you for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, and very creative!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Anya!! I LOVE flour sack towels!! And yours just ooze charm!! I absolutely ADORE this project!! Your tag is just super sweet too!! *sigh*....I seriously LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is so super sweet! Thank you Anya! Hugs, Carly

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really, really want to try this! I love the teacups cut from the cute fabric. What a great idea, now to see if I can reproduce it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You consistently amaze me with your talent, Anya! You are so creative. I LOVE these tea towels! Whomever receives them will be thrilled. I may have to CASE these (though I don't have the stamp set.....yet).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are so adorable! I love the fabrics. Such a great out of the ordinary way to use your stamps. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, what a great project!!! Love the fabrics you picked too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome work - these towels are to die (dye?) for; excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous gift Anya, such a lovely idea! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anya - these towels are amazing. i love the creative gift (great for housewarming party gift) and you make it look so simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!