Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WMS August SOAP - Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps SOAP (Stamp of Approval Parade), our event for non-release months. We're revisiting the eight sets released in July, now that you should all have them in your inky hands!

Its an assortment of sets from me again today... I was just having so much fun creating!

My first card focuses on the beautiful frame images from Ovals - Classic Frames and also from Cameo Creations.

I stamped the frames with white pigment ink onto kraft cardstock. Then I die-cut some ovals from patterned paper to fit inside the frames.

The sentiment is one of the little phrases from Say It Loud. A little button and some inked edges finish it off.

Next up is a sweet little vintage western number. Did you see all the western stuff released at CHA? I caught peeks at a few different patterned papers with a western theme - you're ahead of the curve if Back in the Saddle and Way Out West are in your stash!



I layered a cameo from Cameo to Go onto the filigree oval from the same set. The oval was stamped with the woodgrain background from Way Out West. The sentiment is from Back in the Saddle, I curved it to frame the ovals and then trimmed it out. The background is one of the doily images from Dainty Doilies 2.



I inked all the edges with Distress Ink and added some gold pearls to the sentiment. I really love how this one came together. Isn't it great that these sets compliment each other so well?

And finally, a chance to pull out Cicely at Halloween.

Here's an option if you don't care for coloring or paper piecing - just plain old stamping! I kept Cicely plain and simple, stamped just in black with some Distress Inked edges but let the patterned paper add some interest to my card. I created a patchwork of 1-inch squares, punched from six different patterns. I adhered these to a piece of cardstock and then die-cut it with a Labels Eight die. Added a bit of baker's twine, a button, and a tag and Cicely was ready for trick or treating! Have I mentioned how much fun these little girls are? ;)

Well that's all I have to share today, here is your list of the rest of the ladies joining us today:



Have a super day!

Anya

Recipe
Thinking of You Card
STAMPS: Ovals - Classic Frames, Cameo Creations, Say It Loud - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Sage Shadow, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Restoration Collection - Crate Paper
INK: White Pigment Ink
OTHER: Classic Ovals Large, Small - Spellbinders; Button

Hey There Little Lady Card

STAMPS: Cameo to Go, Way Out West, Back in the Saddle, Dainty Doilies 2 - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango - Stampin' Up!; Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink
INK: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Gold adhesive pearls - Recollections; Sewing machine

Halloween Patchwork Card

STAMPS: Cicely at Halloween - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Kiwi Kiss - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: Various
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Labels Eight Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Baker's twine - Apple Blossom Paperie; Black button - Papertrey Ink

10 comments:

  1. Super cards!Also from the previous day's love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!
    I LOVE them!!
    Love how you paired the cameo with the western font....
    stunning!
    And seeing Cicely uncolored...
    I SO can't wait for mine to get here!! :)
    GORGEOUS!
    All of them are just truly gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The framings look great on your colorful ovals cards Anya - love how you 'Westernized' the pretty cameo! and the Halloween patchwork is wonderful behind Cecily! She definitely works 'uncolored'!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a brilliant idea on framing some pretty paper and the combo of a western card with the cameo is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, Darn, Darn. Now I need even more. Who would have thought to pair Way out West with that elegant cameo image? Not me, that's for sure, but it really works! These cards are so great, especially Cicely uncolored. I could do that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought to use the cameo with the western stuff--but it works beautifully!!! Also love the pieced paper! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your cards, but the last one with the look of quilting with the pieced paper, and the fact that you didn't color in Cicely (I love that!!)is right up my ally!!! Thanks for the lovely examples!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fabulous cards all around!! What a great idea to add patterned paper ovals inside the oval frames. And the marriage of all the different stamp sets on the Little Lady card is just really fantastic. Love it!! And love the patchwork on the third card. Once again, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic set of cards - I really like the fun ovals, and the Halloween card is super. But my favourite is the western style cameo - just brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these card Anya, especially the Halloween one, you know I love patchwork!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!