Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Top Birthday


Hi! How are you today? I'm having the kind of day where it takes me forever to do anything. I think I'm just distracted... I need to focus!

I had some fun playing with new stamps last night. Just a chance to sit down and create for the pure enjoyment of it :)

I used my shiny new Le Cirque stamp set from WPlus9. I never thought I would gravitate to a circus set, but yes my dears, I did and I *love* it. I think the silhouettes are so classy instead of campy, and there's just something about the tight rope walker. For today's card, I used the elephant image.

And who could go wrong with a coordinating die? I die cut 4 elephants from cream cardstock and stamped each of them in gray. Then I stamped them in 4 different colors on scrap cardstock so I could cut out the ball and blanket. I picked the colors based on my patterned paper - I knew I wanted to use this October Afternoon paper all along.

I added some strips of plain cardstock to the design to keep it from getting a little too busy and to give me something to help 'ground' my elephants. I stamped the ticket image from the Le Cirque set onto the pink strip.

I die cut and stamped the banner image, slightly curving the Happy and Birthday sentiments to fit inside. I added a bit of glitter with a glue pen to give it some oomph.

Love it - what fun! I hope you guys have a great day.. thanks for stopping in and I hope you are more productive than I have been!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Le Cirque - WPlus9
CARDSTOCK: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Fly a Kite - October Afternoon
INK: Going Gray, Pear Pizzazz, Marigold Morning, Marina Mist, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Regal Rose - Stampin' Up!; Coffee Archival Ink, Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Le Cirque die - WPlus9; Dazzling Diamonds glitter - Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

  1. What a super fun circus card Anya! love these elephant images!! and what a bonus that they have a matching die to cut them with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Anya! The elephants are so much fun. The layering is wonderful and you really paid attention to every detail. It's just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek! LOVE this, especially all that fabulous color! Way to rock Le Cirque!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Anya, I love those cute little elephants!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!