Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In the Water


Good morning! This week's Design Team challenge at Serendipity Stamps was to create a project of something on or in the water. I bet it comes as no surprise that I chose to use the Starfish and Seahorse images.

I kept my overall design simple, wanting to let the detailed images take center stage.

I embossed the starfish in white onto melon cardstock. I wanted my cards to have a beachy feel to them. I also embossed the sentiment.

After I had my card all assembled, I went in with a Copic marker and added some dots around the starfish.

Here is the one using the seahorse. I loved how the sentiment fit perfectly in the curve of the seahorse's tail.

I couldn't find a photo of a seahorse in our stash of underwater photos (we've only ever seen pygmy seahorses, which are very difficult to photograph) but I will share a starfish photo we took when we were in Indonesia in January:

I can't tell you how much I want to go diving again. The water is calling my name!

Thanks for stopping by today. Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on this challenge!


Have a great day, friends!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Seahorse (994D), Starfish (993E), Thank You II Horizontal (559E), Happy Birthday from Everyday Words Large Cling Set (471QCL) - Serendipity Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Melon Berry, Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink; Crumb Cake - Stampin' Up!
INK: VersaMark - Tsukineko
OTHER: Detail White Embossing Powder - Stampendous; Copic markers


4 comments:

  1. The white embossing looks great on these wonderful sea creatures Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo...how lovely! Love the melon paper with the white embossing and kraft background. GREAT color and texture combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! LOVE the way the white embossing really stands out on your melon and kraft cardstocks... taking note ;).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!