Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday - WMSC61


Hi there. How have you been? I've been taking a little break.. not necessarily voluntary, but sometimes things come up that you have to deal with. We're talking replacing tiles in the bathroom (not voluntarily), replacing cell phones (not voluntarily), and working way too much (also not voluntarily)!

I squeezed in a little cardmaking yesterday, making my sample for this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Late is better than never, I say.

This week, sweet Sarah created our sketch. She also created a sketch for a scrapbook page layout! Sarah makes some pretty amazing scrapbook layouts and I can only wish to make something so awesome. So I made a card based on the card sketch:

And here is the card I made, keeping it simple for my brother-in-law's birthday (and since I made it 20 minutes before the guests started to arrive). It was just the kick start I needed.

I used papers from Cosmo Cricket's Get Happy Collection. These are perfect papers for teenage boys. Add a few punches, some baker's twine and a sentiment from Free Spirit Sentiments, and I was home free. Thanks for stopping by today!

Anya

Recipe
STAMPS: Free Spirit Sentiments - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade - Stampin' Up
PATTERNED PAPER: Get Happy - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Circle punches, Large Star punch - EK Success; Aqua Baker's Twine - Divine Twine

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun, guy card, Anya! LOVE those funky papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a young guy! You made it in 20 minutes? Fantastic! Those papers are really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!