Monday, August 1, 2011

WMS August SOAP - Day 1

Hi there! Today is the first day of our August Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP) - our festivities for non-release months at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

We will spend the next three days recapping the sets released in July and then we'll spend the last day sharing inspiration for an older set.

Today is Cameo day for me. I have mixed and matched images from Cameo Creations and Cameo To Go.

First up is a little something I put together with this week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge in mind.



I used the cameos to create my background paper and then added some embellishments in antique gold. Musical Backgrounds snuck in there too - a perfect compliment to the cameos!

And now for something a little ... spooky.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share something for Halloween, since it is my favorite time of the year. I kept trying to think of how I could give this lovely lady an eye to follow you (you know the classic Halloween movie portrait on the wall with the moving eyes) or how I could zombie-fy her. I kept it safe, though, and just added some spiderwebs. Love using spiderwebs on Halloween cards.

The cameo was backed with some crepe paper, I snipped the edges with pinking shears for extra spookiness. The sentiment is a new one, from the Cicely at Halloween set being released today. Haven't Claire's samples been incredible? She's teasing us with all the new Spellbinders dies too :)

And since I was in the Halloween groove and couldn't resist playing with new stamps, I've also created something for the new release. I'm not much of a colorer.. I enjoy it but don't think I'm very good at it, but I can fussy cut like nobody's business! So instead of coloring my little cutie, I paper pieced her. This is Gracie at Halloween:

I did color some parts of her.. her face and hands and her broom, but the rest of her - even kitty! - was paper pieced. Oh these vintage girls, I love them. LOVE them. They are available for purchase today in the WMS store. Hurry and snatch them up!

Really? Who wouldn't want a polka dotted witch's hat? The patterned paper is The Spider's Web from My Mind's Eye. Its a favorite of mine... I love the black and mustard yellow together.

I think I've kept you long enough... I'm so glad you could stop by today, here is a list of the other ladies sharing projects today!



Have a great day - see you tomorrow!

Anya

Recipe
Thanking You Card
STAMPS: Cameo To Go, Cameo Creations, Musical Backgrounds - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; Rustic White, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink
INK: Pink Pirouette, Groovy Guava - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Gold ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Classic Oval Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Gold Foil Doily - Royal Lace; Vintage Button; Tulle

Halloween Greetings Card
STAMPS: Cameo Creations, Halloween Party, Cicely at Halloween - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: Cajun Craze, Basic Black - Stampin' Up!
PATTERNED PAPER: Haunted Collection - Cosmo Cricket
INK: Jet Black Archival Ink, Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Filigree Clear Embossing Powder - Stewart Superior; Classic Oval Large Nestabilities; Adhesive rhinestones; Crepe paper; Sewing machine; Spider webs

Gracie at Halloween Card
STAMPS: Gracie at Halloween - Waltzingmouse Stamps
CARDSTOCK: More Mustard - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
PATTERNED PAPER: The Spider's Web - My Mind's Eye
INK: Tuxedo Black Memento - Tsukineko; Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Black Soot Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Copic Markers

25 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, love the paper pieced little with, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!! how stunned I was by the first two cards and then!!! the paper pieced Gracie!!!! WOW!!! this is unbelievable Anya!!! Superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anya!

    Hope you are doing well! Love your cards today! That first one is so pretty, with all the oval shapes in the front and back! And your Halloween cards are just perfect! Love the dark one especially, ha ha, it's actually kinda scary, with the spider and all... brrrr! Perfect card!!!
    Wishing you a lovely day!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of them are stunning. The spider's web is really impresive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO with you on the coloring versus fussy cutting thing! I just started with Copics, and sometimes I think I should just save my money and stick with my scissors, hee! Your Gracie looks fantastic like that, soooo sweet! The webby cameo card is amazing, so elegant in it's spookiness :) Love the touches of gold on the first one. I love SOAP month just as much as Release month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, your cards are STUNNING!!! Perfect in EVERY way, thanks for sharing.. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three super creations today Anya! Wonderful background stamping and touches of gold on the first, the colors and spider web make the cameo card SO spooky! and the colors and paper piecing on Gracie are great!Love the designs of all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!
    I'm blown away!!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them all!
    Truly love that Halloween cameo...
    so stealing that one...
    it's too good! :)
    And then Gracie...
    I die!
    I try and color but failed scissor cutting in kindergarten...
    my teacher said so...
    so I'm in awe of this card...
    and SO glad she will soon be on her way to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're all wonderful! Love the partial gold doily on the first card and the cute little witch on the last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anya - these cards are just amazing. It shows just how versatile the cameo sets are when you've made such different cardsin the "Thanking you" and "Halloween greetings" cards. And Gracie is just fab! My favourite is the Halloween card - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anya, all three cards are wonderful, Gracie is my favorite. Never thought about paper piecing her, but for me, a not so great colorer, that would be a perfect way to use her image. I love the cameo halloween card. Something elegant can be spooky too, especially with that spider added to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh Anya I don't know what to write about first! I thought the thank you card was beautiful - love the soft pink - it gives it a vintage look. Then you had the Halloween Cameo - which is really brilliant - I would have never thought of that - but you totally hit the mark. And yes I know EXACTLY what you mean with the eye following you - I grew up with Creature Features... I love the little cobwebs! Classic! Then to totally knock this out of the ballpark you did Gracie with all those cut outs!!!! It looks amazing! I love her hat and cape with the little silver button! You outdid yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your cards (except the spider on the 2nd card!!) Love all the elements you used on the first one, and brilliant, using the cameo for the halloween card!! Great inspiration from you today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous collection of cards Anya! Love the shimmery gold detail on the first and all the SPOOKINESS in the others!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your cards are so fabby I don't know where to begin. The crepe paper with pinking shears idea is brilliant. The paper-pieced witch is pure vintage deco chic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Anya. I'm totally blown away with your awesome creations. Your Cameo card is such a unique design and I love the way you did your background paper.

    Your Halloween card is rockin' awesome. Never would have expected that with this Cameo image, but making the unexpected look amazing is your specialty.

    It's great to see your Cicely card all done up with your paper piecing. She looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Anya! Those cameo stamps are amazing, and you sure know your way around them! Such beautiful creations! LOVE your take on our color story, but I cannot leave without swooning over those fabulous spider webs! Genius! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe! And thank you for the uber sweet comments you've left on my blog this week. They have meant so much to me, especially because I completely value and respect your opinion in this wide world of papercrafting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic the lot! I have to say that I am going gaga over the spooky cameo though. How fabululous! I have yet to crack open mine but this is so unbelievably inspiring, I will definitely have to get a wriggle on now. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning cards! So love the cameo Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're right! You can fussy cut like nobody's biz. Gracie is adorable in her fashionable outfit!!
    Your cameo card is very "Haunted Mansion"... love the papers! I have a few scraps that I've horded so that I could work them into varous projects. Love how you used them with the silhouette stamp.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO many beautiful cards in one post. I love them all but especially how you've done that lighter and darker cameo detail on the first one, and the cameo for the halloween card is just stunning! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You pulled out all the stops, Anya! All of these cards are creatively brilliant. I could literally gush on and on about the details on each one, but I'll just THANK YOU for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. that paper pieced girl is sheer genius! I love her and her cutie little polka dot hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!