Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Good morning! Unfortunately, spring hasn't sprung here yet! We just had more snow! But wishful thinking it will be here soon.

Today's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge is a circle card, which are always so fun! Here is the sketch:
And my card:

I used the little speckled egg from the Nestie Eggs set to make a little bird's nest. It makes me smile :)

I used a circle punch to make all the little slivers and adhered them to a circle I had punched and trimmed to resemble a nest.

The sentiment is from Spring Baskets and was adhered to cardstock I embossed and distressed.

I hope you find this sketch as inspiring as I did. If you'd like to join us, you can link up your creation over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the week's random winner and the new sketch on Saturday! Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Nestie Eggs, Spring Baskets - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Aqua Mist, Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sea Breeze VersaMagic - Tsukineko; Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen Distress Ink, Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Regal Flourishes Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz for Sizzix; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder - ProvoCraft; Circle, Big Scalloped Circles Nestabilities - Spellbinders; 2.5" circle punch - EK Success

15 comments:

  1. Hi Anya,

    Love the way you created that nest!! That's so clever and it looks awesome! Wonderful spring colors, a really pretty card!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, that's so cute! Love your card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply amAAAAAAzing! Love your work Anya...thank you for continuing to inspire!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!!! Love the nest :) And the sketch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your sweet bird's nest Anya! how very creative and what a lot of little slivers!!! Wonderful colors on this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...Anya, I just HAD to stop by and tell you that you are an absolute GENIUS!!! I adore your bird nest!! Wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anya, this card is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE all the texture and the sweet bird's nest! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nest is just awesome! What a great idea... simple, but SO impressive!! I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgoodness! This is solo gorgeous! The nest must've taken you ages! TFS, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty - and I adore your nest - such creativity! Thanks for sharing and giving us all a little touch of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little nest is super clever--- fab idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this card, Anya! Brilliant nest!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how wonderfully creative! Your little nest made my jaw drop. And I love all the texture on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anya....this card is so inspiring!! I love, love, love the nest and how creative you've been in its design!! You are sooooo clever. Gorgeous, soft colours and tones too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!