Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First Birthday Wishes

Gooood morning you! How are things?

This weekend my family is celebrating my niece Tessa's first birthday. I needed a card, and - let's be honest here - I wanted it to be a showstopper. I remembered this incredibly adorable card that Claire had made for one of the WMS Blog Waltzes. As luck would have it, she also created a free template for it. Free is good!

Is this not the cutest thing? A watering can card!

I printed the watering can template onto cardstock and cut it out. I stamped the dotted flower pattern from Picnic Patterns onto my card base and inked the edges with Distress Ink.

I used the flowers from Sewing Box - Hugs (per Claire's recommendations :) and stamped them onto coordinating patterned paper. Using a combination of paper adhesive and dimensional foam tape, I built my bouquet.

I wanted to make sure to call out the first birthday, and remembered that Vintage Banners had just what I needed! Love how this turned out!

This watering can card is just one of a handful of adorable and useful templates that WMS offers for free, here under the 'Freebies' section of the store. Check them out! You could also download one of the free digital St. Patrick's Day images available and then you could join our blog waltz tomorrow! I'd love to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by today - have a super day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Picnic Patterns, Sewing Box - Hugs, Very Vintage Labels No. 18, Bountiful Baskets Additions, Vintage Banners - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Girl Friday - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Rose Red - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink, Jet Black Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other:
Watering Can Card Template - Waltzingmouse Stamps

4 comments:

  1. Oh my that is fabulous... it will certainly be a showstopper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous... will have to keep that template in mind for a spring card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God!! This is toooooo cute! Don't mind but I am going to make one inspired by your card here :) Thanks for sharing!!

    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUSNESS!!!! SO SO CUTE! yes I had to scream it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!