Friday, March 18, 2011

LAD March DT Challenge

Good morning!

I am here today to share the March Design Team Challenge from Lizzie Anne Designs. This month we were challenged to choose a photograph from the Pottery Barn Kids website and use it as inspiration for a baby card. There is certainly lots to be found there!

This is the photo I chose of the Harlington Nursery:

Three things that jumped out at me when looking at this picture were the bold color combination of red and white, the three framed pictures on the wall, and the outlined shape around them. So this is the card I created with inspiration from the photo.

The little baby shoes are another of the new images included in the new Spring Mix, Follow Your Dreams. I stamped the image three times and cut them out. I added a bit of shading with my Copic markers and an adhesive pearl 'button.'

Thanks for stopping to visit me today, be sure to head over to the Lizzie Anne Designs blog to see what the other DT members created for this challenge. Have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Follow Your Dreams - Lizzie Anne Designs
Cardstock: Ruby Red - Stampin' Up!; Kraft, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Be Mine (Hey Sugar) - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Ruby Red - Stampin' Up!; Coffee Archival Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic Markers (W1, W3) - Imagination International; Ticket Corner Punch - Stampin' Up!; Adhesive pearls

9 comments:

  1. Wow Anya, what a brilliant interpretation of that picture, I absolutely love it!
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, this is nothing short of stunning!! I *love* the colors, the bold lines, and the way you've used the image in threes. It's all SO fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet color combo ~ really love the card Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Anya, you were spot on with your version of the inspiration pic. Love that baby room with that deep corally-red shade. The tiny pearls on the shoes are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inspiration card is spot-on...and you've really captured the feel and look of the room!! I love your sweet shoes with the pretty pearl accents! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely, unusual card, Anya. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love seeing the inspiration elements so perfectly translated to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just screams little girl! how cute

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!