Saturday, March 19, 2011

Round Up the Posse

Hey cowgirls! Round up the posse, its Waltzingmouse Sketch Saturday!

A fun sketch today, featuring a banner element!

I felt the tug of the Western sets, Back in the Saddle and Way Out West, so I brought these out for this week's sketch challenge.

I created a sentiment background and then stamped over it with the woodgrain pattern.

I used Bitty Banners for my banner base and then added the cowboy boots. I knotted each flag together with button twine and adhered it to my card with dimensional foam tape.

I hope you will play along - please don't feel intimidated if you don't have a banner stamp! I know some of the other ladies are sharing some really inspired ideas today! If you'd like to join us, you can link up your creation over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the week's random winner and the new sketch on Saturday! Have a great day, we're headed out to celebrate our niece's first birthday!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Bitty Banners, Back in the Saddle, Way Out West - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream - Papertrey Ink; Dusty Durango - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Buckaroo Blue, Dusty Durango, Soft Suede - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Rustic Cream button twine - Papertrey Ink

11 comments:

  1. So, so cute Anya! love the wonderful bg stamping and the fun cut out boots on the banners!! super design GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! THIS IS FABULOUS!!! what fun!! genius girl!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Anya! Love the colors you chose and that you added small cut outs on your banner.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely {HEART} the background!! I'm waiting to get some good ink to try something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the little boots on the banner - so unique! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these sets - and you've shown just how versatile they are! The backing paper you've made is fab and I adore that cute banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creation with the new stamps, Yee- Haww indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this card is so much fun, Anya! Love the little boots that you used, looks awesome!! Very pretty card!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots on the banner are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Anya, perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!