Saturday, March 26, 2011

Easter Banner

Hi there!

Here to bring you this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge.


So - lots of ways you could do this one. I went for obvious :)

The base for my banner is the gingham-patterned pennant from Vintage Banners. I love this one. I stamped it in some yummy pastel springy happy colors.

Then I stamped one of the medium-sized eggs from Nestie Eggs in those same colors and cut them out. I stamped a second of each so I could mix up the colors.

Then I covered them in glitter - they are so pretty, they look sugared!

Before adhering my eggs, I put down some Scor-Tape and adhered some silver tinsel easter basket stuff. Now my eggs look like they're sitting on a little bed of (silver) grass :)

Cute! Please make sure you take a look at what the Mischief Makers created! Very creative and inspiring stuff! If you'd like to join us (and I hope you will!), you can link up your creation over on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog. Top Mice will be announced along with the week's random winner and the new sketch on Saturday! Have a great day, I'm headed out today for some stampy shopping goodness with some special ladies!!

Take care!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps:
Vintage Banners, Nestie Eggs - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Barely Banana, Groovy Guava, Sage Shadow, Pale Plum - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Silver easter grass - Target; Pinking Shears

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Anya! This will cheer up the room for easter! Love the little nest you created!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice-cream sorbet colours - so very, very pretty! Lovely easter banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful banner Anya...such lovely colors and cheerful design elements. Your creativity really shines with this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!! Love the sugary glitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very adorable. Nice Job>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your 'nests' on these Anya!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!