Thursday, March 17, 2011

March WMS Blog Waltz


Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day, waltzers! Welcome to the March Friends of WMS Blog Waltz - today everyone is Irish!

Here are the details: if you want to waltz along with us and you haven't yet linked up your project, head to the link list thread in the WMS Forum to link up your creation and view the other participants. There is also a thread for chatting about what you've seen. This month a random commenter will be chosen from the Waltz chat to receive a prize.

I've got lots to share today, so I'll keep the chit chat to a minimum and just share the eye candy! :)

For this card I used the free shamrock image offered in the WMS store. I missed out coloring this one last year (and now I have a printer!)

I colored my image and cut it out then tucked a bit of doily behind it before adhering it to my card. This sentiment, from Irish Blessings, is my favorite.

Here is another simple card featuring elements from Celtic Heritage and Irish Blessings.

And finally, I made another pennant pocket using Vintage Banners. This time, instead of using cardstock for the back, I stitched my banner to some muslin fabric. This gives me a larger, more flexible pocket for stuffing goodies. Because *everyone* needs Kiss Me I'm Irish socks for today!!

Thanks for stopping by today, have fun waltzing! Don't forget to head back to the WMS Forum to chat and join the contest. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't drink too much green beer!!

Anya

Recipe:
Irish Blessing Card
Stamps:
Irish Blessings, Shamrock Digital Stamp - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Mellow Moss - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Mellow Moss - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Copic Markers - Imagination International; Doily - Wilton

Single Shamrock Card
Stamps:
Irish Blessings, Celtic Heritage - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: New Leaf, Spring Moss, Kraft, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Sahara Sand, Wild Wasabi - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Linen Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink

Lucky You Pennant Pocket
Stamps:
Vintage Banners, Celtic Heritage - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Pear Pizzazz - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!
Other: Adhesive rhinestones - Recollections; Muslin fabric; sewing machine

27 comments:

  1. I love the doily behind the clover and the wrapping of the gorgeous socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing array of projects! I love every one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three wonderful St. Patrik's day projects Anya! Super coloring on the digi posie, love the embossing and CAS design of the 2nd card and your little banner pocket is so clever! a great way to give a little Irish gift today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happened upon your blog. Your creations are beautiful! I am looking forward to following!

    Kelly
    http://stitchesoflightandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of projects! Lov eyour colouring on the shamrocks, and the pennant is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects! I really like the addition of the doily behind the shamrock bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow girlfriend these are all so crazy gorgeous!!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy St. Patrick's Day Anya! What a gorgeous collection of projects! Your treat holder is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful Anya!! Love the doily against the shamrock bouquet - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely projects Anya! Love that pennant and the doily behind the bouquet of shamrocks is inspired. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been so busy with all these lovely projects. I think they are all fab - the pennant is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects, Anya! Each one is just beautiful. I love the little doily behind the shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning!!I love the colours and details. Happy St.Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness, Anya, you are on a St Patty's Day roll here! I love love love your first card... the doily behind the shamrocks is a beautiful touch. I love the texture of the second card, and the cone is fabby!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just love these cards! Especially the shamrock bouquet mounted on the doily! I love the extra touch of the Irish crochet doily in the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful creations, love the doily tucked behind the shamrock!! Happy St.Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! What gorgeous projects!! I'm so impressed by your creativity - you make so many beautful things - LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've been busy!! Love the texture on the simple card and your pennant pocket (and those socks!) is so cute. But your first card is absolutely divine. Everything about it - the subtle green, the coloring, the background stamping and the doily - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the little doily you added behind the image on the card. It gave it such a girly feel without going over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loads of inspiration running through your veins with this waltz! The idea of using fabric to accompany your banner is a very creative way to 'make' room for those socks. The simplicity of the popped up shamrock card is wonderful and that embossed bg is gorgeous. the doily and the braid on the digital card makes it stand out among the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh such awesome projects! I love the way you added the doily to your clover bouquet! The simple one shines with the textured background, and the little triangle treat is perfectly stamped!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore the doily behind the clover and the coloring is so amazing!! Great projects, Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely, unusual St Pat's card, Anya. Real class act! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful project, Anya! Everything is so gorgeous! Love the clover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. All three projects are fabulous, Anya. I particularly like how you backed the shamrocks with the doily. They look like a sweet posey of shamrocks that way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anya these are just the bees knees!!! I love all of these - beautiful details, and such exquisite precision!!! I'm green with envy!! lol!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!