Monday, March 7, 2011

Splash of Color

Good morning, my dears! A rainy weekend has given way to a cold, sunny Monday morning! I love when the sky is super blue.

Before I share today's card, I want to give a quick shout out to my new friend Jacqueline! I met her on Saturday at Stamp Fanci, one of Pittsburgh's LSS, and she was a total sweetheart. I have to be honest and say that I have never been recognized in person from my blog before and didn't really know how to react! Yeah, I'm kind of a dork :)

I made this card for this week's color challenge at The Play Date Cafe. The challenge was to make a black and white card with only a splash of color. As you can see, my splash is dark purple.

My little embellishment is a combination of different dies, all layered together. That dark purple color (Concord Crush) is hard to photograph, huh?

My background was created using the Background Basics: Newsprint set from Papertrey Ink... one of the first PTI sets I've purchased in a while.

I'm a big fan these days of the sentiment-less card front. I could go back and add something in later if the occasion arose, but you could also just customize your inside. Now to make sure I send the card! I bet there's someone who could use some happy mail :)

So before I head out, I thought I'd share this with you.

I have been asked to be a Guest Designer for The Play Date Cafe! I'll be joining the crew for the challenge on June 9. I am so looking forward to it!

Thanks girlies, I hope you have a great day!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Background Basics: Newsprint - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White - Papertrey Ink; Concord Crush - Stampin' Up!
Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Old Paper Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Blossom, Lacey Circle Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Butterfly die, Royal Velvet felt - Papertrey Ink; Rhinestone flourish - Recollections; Button

6 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love your layout with that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya...such a perfect 'splash' of color for this week's challenge. I am with you, the sentiment-less card is a good look.
    We are really looking forward to having you as our guest in The Cafe!
    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you layered those dies, and the purple is a lovely deep colour with your neutrals... congrats on your GD spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo Anya! Great news about your guest design spot - congratulations! Love your card this week :) Love the effect of your embellishments on that text background - I love text backgrounds!! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Anya!!! LOVE it and all those yummy layers!!! I must confess...I always feel the NEED to put a sentiment on my cards...much let go LOL!!! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, CAS creation! LOVE that newspaper, patterned paper! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe! And we're really looking forward to you joining our team this summer! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!