Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Quick Quotes

Hi there! This week's Serendipity Stamps DT challenge was to make a simple card using any of the many quote or verse stamps in Serendipity's line. This is one thing I love about Serendipity - there are a plethora of Bible verses and quotations that are just lovely.

We were also given a sketch to use this time around. Here is this week's sketch, which I flipped for my card.

Here is what I made using the What Lies Behind Us (1104F) stamp.

I stamped the Nest In Tree (222F) image on my card as well, overlapping the image with my sentiment panel.

My sentiment was embossed and then die cut using an oval nestabilities. A good inspirational quote, no?

I thought I'd also share another project that I made recently that also happened to use a quotation. I've used this one before, and I really like it - not only is it thought-provoking but the font is just so pretty.

This uses More Things (027D), embossed in silver and mounted in a little desktop frame.

I embossed my sentiment and stitched around the outside, then matted it with some pretty patterned paper. I finished it off with a little punched butterfly. This turned into a quick and simple gift that is now adorning a co-workers desk.

Please be sure to visit the other Design Team members to see their take on this challenge!



So before I go, I have a few quick announcements :) Mary has overhauled Serendipity's website and it is just awesome! It is easy to browse and very user-friendly: you can find it here! She is also running a free shipping special with a minimum $10 purchase. Some other things are also on sale, but you can find that info out on the website (under current promotions) or by subscribing to the newsletter. The customer challenges are going to start up again soon, so be sure to sign up for more information.

Thanks for stopping in today!

Anya

Recipe:
What Lies Behind Us Card
Stamps:
What Lies Behind Us (1104F), Nest In Tree (222F) - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic White, Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Tally (Basics Collection) - Basic Grey
Ink: Crumb Cake, Whisper White - Stampin' Up!
Other: Classic Oval Large Nestabilities - Spellbinders; White embossing powder; Crocheted lace

More Things Frame
Stamps:
More Things (027D) - Serendipity Stamps
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink; Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Everafter Collection - Cosmo Cricket
Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
Other: Filigree Silver embossing powder - Stewart Superior; 3 in 1 Classic Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart Crafts; Silver pearl - Recollections; desktop frame

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! And that tiny frame is so awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Anya! I love the White on Kraft and simplicity, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects Anya! Love the silver embossed quote and the sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya, beautifully done. Love the bird nest softly stamped in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful and elegant projects Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!