Monday, December 14, 2009

Warm Cozy Snowflakes

I love this snowflake stamp. It makes me think of a warm, cozy sweater every time I see it.


Very simple card today - I stamped the snowflake three times and then filled in some of the empty spaces left on the outside edges. I used my quilter's tracing wheel to create some faux stitching along the top and bottom sides and then matted it on a piece of navy cardstock.

I added some blue rhinestones and the sentiment and called it done. This is going into my Christmas card stash (the ones that I have yet to send out :P)

Thank you all for your comments on my last post. We really enjoyed the Nutcracker - the production here in Pittsburgh has some wonderful references to the City incorporated into it and its great to see the story set 'here'! On Saturday we went out to cut down our tree and we'll put that up tomorrow.

My husband and I celebrate our anniversary tomorrow and despite a difficult, scary, stressful year have decided to carry on our own special Christmas tradition. Since we were married so close to Christmas (which I love) we give each other a gift each day from our anniversary to Christmas. It really is a lot of fun and helps to extend the season! I usually am not one to share too much of my personal life, but you gals really do mean so much to me I feel like your good vibes will help!

On that note, I wish you a wonderful evening and I'll be back tomorrow with the Serendipity Stamps Design Team challenge!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Santa Was Here, Very Vintage Christmas - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Night of Navy - Stampin' Up!
Other: Blue crystal stickers; quilter's tracing wheel

3 comments:

  1. Very cool card! HOpe you have a lovely anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't inked up this stamp yet and you always make such great cards with it Anya! It's such a graphic image and creates a wonderful design!

    what a lovely tradition for your anniversary - I wish you and DH a very happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this snowflake too! Great card!

    I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary--I'm sorry to hear that this year has been hard on you....remember that you are not alone in your struggles, we all have them and we are here for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!