Friday, December 11, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Holly!

Happy Friday everyone!

Tonight is date night, and my husband and I are heading out for a nice dinner and our annual showing of Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre's performance of the Nutcracker. It should be a great time, we are big on holiday traditions!

I have a cute little card to share with you today that I made for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I used Sewing Box Christmas from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I stamped the holly leaves onto Spring Moss and Ocean Tides and cut them out, adhering the Spring Moss layer with foam tape. I love the little hearts as stand-ins for holly berries (ups the cuteness factor :). The sentiment is also from the Sewing Box Christmas set and was stamped three times for the classic greeting. Each 'ho!' is separate, so you can place them where you like!

The patterned paper is PTI's Rustic Snowflakes. I chose the colors for the other card elements based on the colors in this paper. Some glitter to frame the holly and glitz up the berries finishes it off. Love!

You're the best, so glad you stopped by today! Hope you're finding the holiday spirit!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Sewing Box Christmas - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Ocean Tides, Pure Poppy, White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Rustic Snowflakes collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink; Real Red - Stampin' Up!
Other: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Two-way glue pen - Stampin' Up!; Garnet glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

11 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the layout - charming and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I, too, love the "berries"! Enjoy your date tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your great holly Anya! How fun to be seeing the Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anya this is so cute! I hope you had a great time at the Nutcracker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun colors and layout! Hope the Nutcracker was good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the colors! Hope you have a great date night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. anya...this is stinkin' wonderful! i love those papers, the sparkle of the white panel, and that amazing holly!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did a fabulous job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love the stitching and the holly berries! Hope you had a great date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!