Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cookie Recipes

Hello! Today I'm sharing my second project for the new Waltzingmouse Stamps December release using the fabulous new Little Box Labels.

I don't know about you, but when I think of Christmas, one thing that springs immediately to mind is cookies! We all have our favorite Christmas cookie recipes... you know, Grandma's Snowballs or Mom's Pecan Tassies - this little recipe book is the perfect place to keep track of all of those!

I stamped the Label image in Riding Hood Red, trimmed it out, and matted it with a die cut from the Labels Eight Nestabilities. This image also coordinates beautifully with the Labels Five Nestabilities from Spellbinders - Claire is one smart cookie! ;) I used two of the sentiments from Little Box Labels to create my title (these are separate words). The gingerbread man, holly, and candy cane images are from the Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy set. The background is stamped with the herringbone pattern stamp in Pink Pirouette (this is one of my favorite color combinations).

I used my Bind-It-All to put the recipe book together. This is very easy and rather inexpensive (if you're keeping track of gift ideas!). I use index cards for my inside pages, so there's no need for trimming or anything. I get lots of comments about the insides of my recipe books so I have included a photo.

Nothing fancy, but perfect for keeping track of those important cookie recipes!

I'm glad you stopped by today, hop on over to Bonnie's blog where she is sharing another project using the Little Box Labels set. Bonnie and I were on the same wavelength today - you know what they say about great minds! ;)

Have a great day everyone!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Little Box Labels, Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette - Stampin' Up!; White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Bella Rose - Stampin' Up! (for inside covers)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!
Other: Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen - Tsukineko; Lables Eight Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Bind-It-All - Zutter

10 comments:

  1. Super recipe book Anya! I just love the Gingerbread Man and the cute holly. The red looks so festive against the white bg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love little books and this is fabulous Anya! We were on the same wavelength and created totally different projects - LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Anya!!! Pure yummy! Thank you so much! I LOVE how you stamped the gingerbread man in there!! and the heart holly!!!! Just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful book, very stylish.
    Sian
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Anya! Such a clever way to use multiple sets... and such a great idea. These would definitely be wonderful gifts! I love the little gingie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea!!!! Everyone needs one of these books. And you made it so cute. It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an absolutely adorable little book! And it would make a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yet simple, would be great for a cookie swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!