Friday, December 18, 2009

Blue Ornament

Happy Friday!

I love it when the holiday season starts to permeate the office... lunches with co-workers and treats abound - I love it!

I put together a card last night for the latest Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I was in a Waltzingmouse mood!

I had an old card on my desk that I had made using some of these colors and I thought it would be fun to use them on this card. I stuck with the combination of Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, and White. The ornament stamp is from Sewing Box - Christmas and was stamped twice - once onto white and again onto Baja Breeze. The hearts are also from the same set (the little stripe in the back is from Sewing Box - Hugs). I matted the ornament with an oval I had cut from PTI Linen Vellum. The sentiment is from Very Vintage Christmas. Right before assembly, I gave all the pieces a healthy spray of Perfect Pearls - imagine that you can see the shimmer!

Well, we're headed into the home stretch! I have so many fun things I'd like to share with you in the coming days. Last year when my husband and I started our anniversary to Christmas gift-giving tradition, I was inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas and created a tag to go along with each one of his gifts. I carried that tradition on this year and have been making different tags for each day. I really love creating this way and would love to share them with you. So look for those coming soon!

Have a great night!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Sewing Box Christmas, Sewing Box Hugs, Very Vintage Christmas - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!; Linen Vellum, White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze - Stampin' Up!
Other: Snowflake Cuttlebug Embossing folder - ProvoCraft; Classic and Scalloped Petite Oval Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Snowflake punch - Marvy Uchida; Silver elastic cord - Stampin' Up!; Silver Gelly Roll pen - Sakura; Perfect Pearl Perfect Pearls - Ranger; sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. I love it! Those colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya your card is BEAUTIFUL! I will be watching for your tags!
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! What a sweet ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, the color combo is fantastic and I love the embossing!!! Such a beautiful card! And i love the lunches at work, too. Have a great weekend, Anya1

    ReplyDelete
  5. anya...this is so fun! great colors, embossing, sewing, snowflake accent, and wonderful ornament!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a fabulous job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this in the blues Anya! and great detail on the ornament with the layered band and hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your color combo......I think I adore anything with Night of Navy!!! And yes, I CAN imagine it shimmering away! :>

    I'm looking forward to seeing your spin on Tim's inspirations and will definitely be back! :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! I love this card! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!